5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Second phase of anaphase
- nuclesome core
- Third process of prophase
- Binary Fission Step 1
- a the resulting sister chromatids (daughter chromosomes) are pulled toward the opposite poles of the cell by shortening of the microtubule
- b The replicated centrosomes centrosomes migrate to opposite poles and a system of microtubules forms
- c two sets of chromosomes; represented by "2N"
- d chromosome attaches to a special plasma membrane. indicates bacterium is about to divide
- e found within eukaryotic cells; composed of a cluster of 8 histones
5 Multiple choice questions
- Chromatin condenses into discrete chromosomes
- the fourth phase of mitosis; involves four processes
- the short arm of a eukaryotic chromosome
- chromatin is arranged into units called...
- the duplicated chromosomes separates into sister chromatids.
5 True/False questions
triploid → three sets of chromosomes; represented by "3N"
Process of metaphase → The nuclear membrane andd nucleolus (if present) disintegrate
linker DNA → DNA that is not wrapped around the nucleosome core
First process of prophase → The nuclear membrane andd nucleolus (if present) disintegrate
binary fission → the cell elongate and the chromosomes are pulled apart. Cytoplasm is distributed evenly