5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Binary Fission Step 1
- P arm
- a the second phase of mitosis contains only one process
- b center of the chromosome
- c chromosome attaches to a special plasma membrane. indicates bacterium is about to divide
- d when a chromosome is replicated it is said to be composed of two sister...
- e the short arm of a eukaryotic chromosome
5 Multiple choice questions
- the long arm of a eukaryotic chromosme
- DNA replication has produced two identical chromosomes. Cell wall and plasma membrane begin to grow inward.
- refers to the number of sets of chromosomes a cell (nucleus) possesses
- division of the cytoplasm
- The nuclear membrane andd nucleolus (if present) disintegrate
5 True/False questions
binary fission → the cell elongate and the chromosomes are pulled apart. Cytoplasm is distributed evenly
Binary Fission Step 2 → the cell elongate and the chromosomes are pulled apart. Cytoplasm is distributed evenly
cell plate → the fourth phase of mitosis; involves four processes
linker DNA → the rest of the cycle aside from the the four main phases, consumes most of the time during the cell cycle.
nuclesome core → found within eukaryotic cells; composed of a cluster of 8 histones