5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Battle of Sabine Pass I
- Battle of Galveston I
- John Reagan
- John Magruder
- Thomas Green
- a He helped Zachary Taylor capture Mexico City
- b This U.S. Military Academy graduate's greatest feat was the recapture of Galveston from Union forces.
- c He became known as the "Old Roman" who had sacrificed his political future for the good of the state of Texas
- d A four day truce/cease fire was agreed on after a brief exchange of fire between Union ships and Confederate Forts
- e Union gunboats won this battle on the Sabine River through superior range and accuracy of their cannon and mortars.
5 Multiple choice questions
- This was the last battle of the Civil War and occurred after General Lee's surrender.
- He had his Texas Brigade named after him
- Passed in 1862, it gave 160 acres of public land to any settler who would farm the land for five years.
- He operated the only cannons in Sam Houston's Army during the Texas Revolution
- With this battle, the Confederates started and ended the Civil War victoriously.
5 True/False questions
Francis Lubbock → He was Treasurer of the state of Texas after Reconstruction
Battle of Sabine Pass II → This battle resulted in a Union victory that enabled Union forces to make incursions into the interior of Texas and Louisiana.
John Bell Hood → After graduating from the U.S. Military Academy he was transferred to the 2nd Calvary in Texas
Battle of Galveston II → During this Battle of Galveston there were 600 Confederate casualties.
Battle of Galveston I → Galveston was first captured by Union forces in 1862 when the Confederate forces withdrew from the island during a 4 four day truce.