5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Battle of Sabine Pass II
- Homestead Act
- Battle of Galveston I
- Thomas Green
- Battle of Palmito Ranch
- a This was the last battle of the Civil War and occurred after General Lee's surrender.
- b Ironically, he was killed in Civil War battle by cannon fire.
- c Galveston was first captured by Union forces in 1862 when the Confederate forces withdrew from the island during a 4 four day truce.
- d The Confederate gunners were able force back the Union flotilla sent to land at Fort Griffin and destroy it.
- e Passed in 1862, it gave 160 acres of public land to any settler who would farm the land for five years.
5 Multiple choice questions
- He became known as the "Old Roman" who had sacrificed his political future for the good of the state of Texas
- During this Battle of Galveston there were 600 Confederate casualties.
- A four day truce/cease fire was agreed on after a brief exchange of fire between Union ships and Confederate Forts
- This battle was a multicultural affair because it involved Native-American, African-American, Hispanic-American and Anglo-Americans.
- This former Texas Governor has a city named in his honor
5 True/False questions
Battle of Galveston II → The Confederate forces captured 3 of the Union boats.
John Bell Hood → He had his Texas Brigade named after him
Francis Lubbock → After graduating from the U.S. Military Academy he was transferred to the 2nd Calvary in Texas
Battle of Sabine Pass I → Union gunboats won this battle on the Sabine River through superior range and accuracy of their cannon and mortars.
John Magruder → He was a Texas representative in the U.S. House of Representatives before and after the Civil War