5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Battle of Galveston I
- Battle of Sabine Pass II
- Thomas Green
- Battle of Galveston II
- John Reagan
- a During this Battle of Galveston there were 600 Confederate casualties.
- b A four day truce/cease fire was agreed on after a brief exchange of fire between Union ships and Confederate Forts
- c The heroic actions of the 44 defenders of Fort Griffin caused Union actions in the area to cease for month.
- d He was a Texas representative in the U.S. House of Representatives before and after the Civil War
- e He helped Zachary Taylor capture Mexico City
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- This former Texas Governor has a city named in his honor
- Galveston was first captured by Union forces in 1862 when the Confederate forces withdrew from the island during a 4 four day truce.
- This U.S. Military Academy graduate's greatest feat was the recapture of Galveston from Union forces.
- Ironically, he was killed in Civil War battle by cannon fire.
- This battle was a multicultural affair because it involved Native-American, African-American, Hispanic-American and Anglo-Americans.
5 True/False Questions
Francis Lubbock → He had his Texas Brigade named after him
Homestead Act → He became known as the "Old Roman" who had sacrificed his political future for the good of the state of Texas
Battle of Sabine Pass I → The heroic actions of the 44 defenders of Fort Griffin caused Union actions in the area to cease for month.
Thomas Green → He operated the only cannons in Sam Houston's Army during the Texas Revolution
Battle of Palmito Ranch → With this battle, the Confederates started and ended the Civil War victoriously.