5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- Battle of Galveston II
- Francis Lubbock
- Battle of Sabine Pass II
- Battle of Sabine Pass I
- a The heroic actions of the 44 defenders of Fort Griffin caused Union actions in the area to cease for month.
- b This battle resulted in a Union victory that enabled Union forces to make incursions into the interior of Texas and Louisiana.
- c He was Treasurer of the state of Texas after Reconstruction
- d During this Battle of Galveston there were 600 Confederate casualties.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Galveston was first captured by Union forces in 1862 when the Confederate forces withdrew from the island during a 4 four day truce.
- After graduating from the U.S. Military Academy he was transferred to the 2nd Calvary in Texas
- A four day truce/cease fire was agreed on after a brief exchange of fire between Union ships and Confederate Forts
- With this battle, the Confederates started and ended the Civil War victoriously.
- This battle was a multicultural affair because it involved Native-American, African-American, Hispanic-American and Anglo-Americans.
5 True/False questions
John Reagan → This U.S. Military Academy graduate's greatest feat was the recapture of Galveston from Union forces.
Homestead Act → Passed in 1862, it gave 160 acres of public land to any settler who would farm the land for five years.
Thomas Green → He helped Zachary Taylor capture Mexico City
Battle of Galveston II → The Confederate forces captured 3 of the Union boats.
Battle of Sabine Pass II → The Confederate gunners were able force back the Union flotilla sent to land at Fort Griffin and destroy it.