5 Written Questions
3 Matching Questions
- Francis Lubbock
- Thomas Green
- Battle of Palmito Ranch
- a He helped Zachary Taylor capture Mexico City
- b With this battle, the Confederates started and ended the Civil War victoriously.
- c This former Texas Governor has a city named in his honor
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- He operated the only cannons in Sam Houston's Army during the Texas Revolution
- This battle resulted in a Union victory that enabled Union forces to make incursions into the interior of Texas and Louisiana.
- After graduating from the U.S. Military Academy he was transferred to the 2nd Calvary in Texas
- He became known as the "Old Roman" who had sacrificed his political future for the good of the state of Texas
- He was Treasurer of the state of Texas after Reconstruction
5 True/False Questions
Battle of Sabine Pass II → Union gunboats won this battle on the Sabine River through superior range and accuracy of their cannon and mortars.
Battle of Galveston II → The Confederate forces captured 3 of the Union boats.
John Bell Hood → He was a Texas representative in the U.S. House of Representatives before and after the Civil War
Battle of Galveston I → Galveston was first captured by Union forces in 1862 when the Confederate forces withdrew from the island during a 4 four day truce.
John Magruder → This U.S. Military Academy graduate's greatest feat was the recapture of Galveston from Union forces.