5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- John Bell Hood
- Battle of Galveston I
- Battle of Galveston II
- Battle of Palmito Ranch
- Thomas Green
- a During this Battle of Galveston there were 600 Confederate casualties.
- b He had his Texas Brigade named after him
- c Galveston was first captured by Union forces in 1862 when the Confederate forces withdrew from the island during a 4 four day truce.
- d This battle was a multicultural affair because it involved Native-American, African-American, Hispanic-American and Anglo-Americans.
- e He operated the only cannons in Sam Houston's Army during the Texas Revolution
5 Multiple choice questions
- This former Texas Governor has a city named in his honor
- This U.S. Military Academy graduate's greatest feat was the recapture of Galveston from Union forces.
- This battle resulted in a Union victory that enabled Union forces to make incursions into the interior of Texas and Louisiana.
- He was a Texas representative in the U.S. House of Representatives before and after the Civil War
- With this battle, the Confederates started and ended the Civil War victoriously.
5 True/False questions
Thomas Green → He helped Zachary Taylor capture Mexico City
Battle of Sabine Pass II → Union gunboats won this battle on the Sabine River through superior range and accuracy of their cannon and mortars.
Francis Lubbock → He was Treasurer of the state of Texas after Reconstruction
Battle of Galveston I → During this Battle of Galveston there were 600 Confederate casualties.
Battle of Galveston II → The Confederate forces captured 3 of the Union boats.