5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a giving a non human object human characteristics
- b a self evident statement
- c author's word choice
- d comparison of two ideas in order to explain a difficult idea
ex: i washed my car and it is as shiny as colton's cheek
- e Therefore Becky is pretty.
5 Multiple choice questions
- you describe something by saying what is isn't
- a paradox expressed in two words
- reverse grammatical structure
- conjunctions between words
- A conclusion without evidence, usually tied to emotions ex: A little kid stole my wallet, therefore all little kids are thieves.
5 True/False questions
allegory → a statement that may appear to be an argument but is wrong
assonance → rep. of vowel sounds in successive words containing same consonants
allusion → Therefore Becky is pretty.
Rhetoric → the art of writing effectively, eloquently, and persuasively
Anadiplosis → juxtaposition of opposing ideas
ex: today was the best worst day of my life