5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Poisoning the Well
- a using a noun as a verb
- b a hidden meaning in a clause that makes since
- c non literal, implied meaning of a word
ex: he's going to kill you
- d Discredits something before hand ex: This OP sucks but here we go.
- e repetition at the end of the phrase at the beginning of the next
ex: fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate
5 Multiple choice questions
- doubtfulness about the meaning of a word
- similar grammatical structure
- the use of slang in speech
- reference to something that is presumably well known
ex: as big as Noah's ark
- conjunctions between words
5 True/False questions
Slippery Slope → If you don't get direct TV then you will be bored. If you are bored then you will hang out with undesirables. If you hang out with undesirables then you will have a kid with a dog collar, don't have a kid with a dog collar.
Red Herring → Attcking the person instead of the argument ex:You claim that the man is innocent, but you can not be trusted because you are a criminal as well.
Begging the Question → Believing something without having enough evidence ex: Paul must be telling the truth because iv'e heard him say that many times before.
analogy → comparison of two ideas in order to explain a difficult idea
ex: i washed my car and it is as shiny as colton's cheek
rhetorical question → an unanswered question because the answer is obvious