5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Non Sequitur
- a the opinion of the writer and the stance he or she takes
- b Something that doesn't follow ex: Jake lives in a large building, therefore his apartment must be large.
- c giving a non human object human characteristics
- d play on words
- e using a verb for two objects
ex: he opened the door and my heart.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a hidden meaning in a clause that makes since
- an unanswered question because the answer is obvious
- the use of slang in speech
- a figure of speech that an absent person or object is being referred to
ex:o death where is your sting?
- using a noun as a verb
5 True/False questions
metaphor → repetition of a word at the beginning of clauses.
ex: the sun is hot, the sun is big, the sun is yellow
antithesis → using a noun as a verb
Slippery Slope → extreme exaggeration
Anadiplosis → repetition at the end of the phrase at the beginning of the next
ex: fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate
climax → comparison of two words using like or as