5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- inductive reasoning
- Slippery Slope
- a reasoning from specific to general
- b using a verb for two objects
ex: he opened the door and my heart.
- c an implied comparison of two words
- d If you don't get direct TV then you will be bored. If you are bored then you will hang out with undesirables. If you hang out with undesirables then you will have a kid with a dog collar, don't have a kid with a dog collar.
- e omission of conjunctions between words
5 Multiple choice questions
- To present a distraction in an argument ex: Zoe should not be held accountable for cheating on her test, after all other students have done far worse.
- the use of slang in speech
- using a noun as a verb
- using a word incorrectly for humor
ex: a fire distinguish-er
- Believing something without having enough evidence ex: Paul must be telling the truth because iv'e heard him say that many times before.
5 True/False questions
oxymoron → a paradox expressed in two words
Conclusion → Therefore Becky is pretty.
Straw Man → a self evident statement
simile → comparison of two words using like or as
anaphora → comparison of two ideas in order to explain a difficult idea
ex: i washed my car and it is as shiny as colton's cheek