5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- rhetorical question
- inductive reasoning
- Straw Man
- a reverse grammatical structure
- b an unanswered question because the answer is obvious
- c A new subject is presented in an argument and is being attacked ex: Senator Jones said that we should the attack submarine program. I disagree entirely, I can't understand why he wants to leave us defenseless like that.
- d the opinion of the writer and the stance he or she takes
- e reasoning from specific to general
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- an implied comparison of two words
- All girls are pretty.
- a hidden meaning in a clause that makes since
- rep. of sound in neighboring words
ex: she sell sea shells
- Believed superstition about something ex: Alex ran under a ladder the day he ran slow at his meet, therefore going under a ladder will cause him to run slow.
5 True/False Questions
Bandwagon → A popular movement that people join due to peer pressure ex: Buy me a puppy, because everyone else did.
oxymoron → a paradox expressed in two words
anaphora → comparison of two ideas in order to explain a difficult idea
ex: i washed my car and it is as shiny as colton's cheek
ambiguity → representation of abstract ideas through characters
Red Herring → Attcking the person instead of the argument ex:You claim that the man is innocent, but you can not be trusted because you are a criminal as well.