5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hb A1c
- 2,3 DPG
- a This type of hemoglobin is an indicator for prolonged glucose concentrations.
- b A _________ in blood acidity will increase blood pH causing a shift to the left.
- c The presence of a porphyrin in the plasma or serum.
- d Of the four factors affecting oxygen transport which is the most significant?
- e The accumulation of ________ are toxic to tissues in high concentrations.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The average life span of _______ is 120 days
- A green pigmented compound formed by the addition of a hydrogen sulfide molecule to Hb
- This is excreted in the Feces and gives it the yellow/brown color.
- a compoud of hemoglobin where one or more iron molecules are oxidized from the ferrous state to the ferric state.
- present in human RBC's at about the same molar ratio as hemoglobin.
5 True/False questions
COHb )Carboxy) → compound formed by the binding of carbon monoxide (CO) to the heme iron.
Myoglobin → A heme protein found in the muscle tissue, it serves as a reserve supply of O2 and requires lower O2 pressure to release oxygen
Blood → This contains most of the Iron (Fe) in the body.
Porphyrinuria → excessive excretion of one or more porphyrins in the urine.
Porphyrin → Aminolevelunic acid (ALA) Synthase is the enzyme that catalyzes the initial step in _________ synthesis.