5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hb A
- Hb F
- a Iron is released from the heme in the ______ and then returned to the plasma
- b A heme protein found in the muscle tissue, it serves as a reserve supply of O2 and requires lower O2 pressure to release oxygen
- c Which type of Hemoglobin is the most common in adults?
- d The adult range of this type of blood is less than 0.4%
- e Approximately 70-85% of carbon dioxide is processed as __________ and expired from the lungs
5 Multiple choice questions
- This prohibits all steps in porphyrin synthesis.
- A green pigmented compound formed by the addition of a hydrogen sulfide molecule to Hb
- _____ rings are the cyclic compounds that serve as the building blocks for porphyrins.
- Groups of inherited anemic diseases that represent the most common genetic disorders in the world
- In 1904, Christain Bohr discovered that an increase in blood carbon dioxide lelvels would result in lowering the _____ and require more O2 to be delivered to the cells.
5 True/False questions
2,3 Diphosphoglycerate (2,3 DPG) → present in human RBC's at about the same molar ratio as hemoglobin.
Bone marrow → Iron in the _____ state allows O2 to reversibly bind and be transported thoughout the the tissues of the body.
Porphyrins → The _____ are a group of diseaases associated with hereditary and acquired deficiencies in the heme biosynthetic pathway.
RBC's → The average life span of _______ is 120 days
Increase → As body tempuratures ______, hemoglobin more readily releases O2. This will cause a shift ro the right of the curve.