5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hb A2
- 2,3 DPG
- a Where is Hb hydrolyed by enzymes into both heme and globin?
- b Which type of hemoglobin contains 2 alpha and 2 delta chains?
- c Aminolevelunic acid (ALA) Synthase is the enzyme that catalyzes the initial step in _________ synthesis.
- d Of the four factors affecting oxygen transport which is the most significant?
- e This is excreted in the Feces and gives it the yellow/brown color.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Exposure to light can result in swelling, itchy skin, and fluid accumulation are signs of ________.
- This contains most of the Iron (Fe) in the body.
- _____ rings are the cyclic compounds that serve as the building blocks for porphyrins.
- What is the product from the degradation of heme?
- This type of hemoglobin is an indicator for prolonged glucose concentrations.
5 True/False questions
M-Hb (Met) → A green pigmented compound formed by the addition of a hydrogen sulfide molecule to Hb
Hb F → Most common abnormal type of hemoglobin
2,3 Diphosphoglycerate (2,3 DPG) → present in human RBC's at about the same molar ratio as hemoglobin.
Increase → As body tempuratures ______, hemoglobin more readily releases O2. This will cause a shift ro the right of the curve.
S-Hb (Sulf) → a compoud of hemoglobin where one or more iron molecules are oxidized from the ferrous state to the ferric state.