5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Hb A2
- S-Hb (Sulf)
- Gas molecules
- a One of the critical functions of Hemoglobin involves the transport of ________.
- b A green pigmented compound formed by the addition of a hydrogen sulfide molecule to Hb
- c Which type of hemoglobin contains 2 alpha and 2 delta chains?
- d What is the product from the degradation of heme?
- e Approximately 70-85% of carbon dioxide is processed as __________ and expired from the lungs
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- In 1904, Christain Bohr discovered that an increase in blood carbon dioxide lelvels would result in lowering the _____ and require more O2 to be delivered to the cells.
- Exposure to light can result in swelling, itchy skin, and fluid accumulation are signs of ________.
- Due to the lack of a ______ the average RBC lives for approx. 120 days
- Types of thalassemia are classified by which ____ chain is affected
- A ________ is a cyclic comoound formed by the linkage of 4 tetra pyrrole rings with 8 hydrogen ions.
5 True/False Questions
Hb A1c → Which type of Hemoglobin is the most common in adults?
Lead → This contains most of the Iron (Fe) in the body.
Myoglobin → A heme protein found in the muscle tissue, it serves as a reserve supply of O2 and requires lower O2 pressure to release oxygen
Porphyrins → A ________ is a cyclic comoound formed by the linkage of 4 tetra pyrrole rings with 8 hydrogen ions.
Hb A → Which type of Hemoglobin is the most common in adults?