5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- COHb )Carboxy)
- Hb F
- a This is the major type of Hemoglobin in fetal life. represents 70-90% of total hemoglobin
- b Exposure to light can result in swelling, itchy skin, and fluid accumulation are signs of ________.
- c This prohibits all steps in porphyrin synthesis.
- d The average life span of _______ is 120 days
- e compound formed by the binding of carbon monoxide (CO) to the heme iron.
5 Multiple choice questions
- present in human RBC's at about the same molar ratio as hemoglobin.
- Of the four factors affecting oxygen transport which is the most significant?
- Which type of Hemoglobin is the most common in adults?
- One of the critical functions of Hemoglobin involves the transport of ________.
- What is the name for oxygenated hemoglobin?
5 True/False questions
Pyrrole → _____ rings are the cyclic compounds that serve as the building blocks for porphyrins.
Hemoglobin → __________ oxygen carrying protein found in red blood cells (erythrocytes) it is a tetrameric protein containing four heme groups and four polypeptide protein chains
Porphyrins → The accumulation of ________ are toxic to tissues in high concentrations.
Hb A2 → Which type of Hemoglobin is the most common in adults?
Hb F → Most common abnormal type of hemoglobin