5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Hb A2
- a What is the name for oxygenated hemoglobin?
- b Which type of hemoglobin contains 2 alpha and 2 delta chains?
- c A heme protein found in the muscle tissue, it serves as a reserve supply of O2 and requires lower O2 pressure to release oxygen
- d What is the product from the degradation of heme?
- e This contains most of the Iron (Fe) in the body.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Iron in the _____ state allows O2 to reversibly bind and be transported thoughout the the tissues of the body.
- Most common abnormal type of hemoglobin
- A _________ in blood acidity will increase blood pH causing a shift to the left.
- A compound of carbon dioxide and hemoglobin
- _____ rings are the cyclic compounds that serve as the building blocks for porphyrins.
5 True/False Questions
pH → In 1904, Christain Bohr discovered that an increase in blood carbon dioxide lelvels would result in lowering the _____ and require more O2 to be delivered to the cells.
Hb F → Most common abnormal type of hemoglobin
COHb )Carboxy) → compound formed by the binding of carbon monoxide (CO) to the heme iron.
Nucleus → Due to the lack of a ______ the average RBC lives for approx. 120 days
Porphyrias → The _____ are a group of diseaases associated with hereditary and acquired deficiencies in the heme biosynthetic pathway.