5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The _____ are a group of diseaases associated with hereditary and acquired deficiencies in the heme biosynthetic pathway.
- b Iron in the _____ state allows O2 to reversibly bind and be transported thoughout the the tissues of the body.
- c A _________ in blood acidity will increase blood pH causing a shift to the left.
- d The presence of a porphyrin in the plasma or serum.
- e In 1904, Christain Bohr discovered that an increase in blood carbon dioxide lelvels would result in lowering the _____ and require more O2 to be delivered to the cells.
5 Multiple choice questions
- This type of hemoglobin is an indicator for prolonged glucose concentrations.
- This contains most of the Iron (Fe) in the body.
- Approximately 70-85% of carbon dioxide is processed as __________ and expired from the lungs
- As body tempuratures ______, hemoglobin more readily releases O2. This will cause a shift ro the right of the curve.
- Due to the lack of a ______ the average RBC lives for approx. 120 days
5 True/False questions
Porphyrinuria → The presence of a porphyrin in the plasma or serum.
RBC's → The average life span of _______ is 120 days
Protein → Where is Hb hydrolyed by enzymes into both heme and globin?
Lead → This contains most of the Iron (Fe) in the body.
Urobilinogen → Types of thalassemia are classified by which ____ chain is affected