5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 2,3 Diphosphoglycerate (2,3 DPG)
- a The _____ are a group of diseaases associated with hereditary and acquired deficiencies in the heme biosynthetic pathway.
- b Protoporphyrin IX combines with iron in the ___________.
- c This is excreted in the Feces and gives it the yellow/brown color.
- d present in human RBC's at about the same molar ratio as hemoglobin.
- e In 1904, Christain Bohr discovered that an increase in blood carbon dioxide lelvels would result in lowering the _____ and require more O2 to be delivered to the cells.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Of the four factors affecting oxygen transport which is the most significant?
- The adult range of this type of blood is less than 0.4%
- The average life span of _______ is 120 days
- This type of hemoglobin is an indicator for prolonged glucose concentrations.
- This contains most of the Iron (Fe) in the body.
5 True/False questions
M-Hb (Met) → A green pigmented compound formed by the addition of a hydrogen sulfide molecule to Hb
Hb S → Most common abnormal type of hemoglobin
Myoglobin → A heme protein found in the muscle tissue, it serves as a reserve supply of O2 and requires lower O2 pressure to release oxygen
Bicarbonate → A _________ in blood acidity will increase blood pH causing a shift to the left.
CO2Hb (Amino) → A compound of carbon dioxide and hemoglobin