← Fundementals notes Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Specialty stores- single brand or private label
- Final Cost
- a decision making process for determing how or where textile and apparel products and components will be produced. Helps in competitive advantage.
- b only carry private label merchandise, establish store names as brand...Gap, Limited
- c low prices, buy large quantities of low priced merchandise, pay low rent, simple decor, small staff, less customer service
- d occasionally shop or may be attracted to shop, offers potential for business to grow
- e manufactures cost to produce the goods, includes all costs to produce a garment including labor and material
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- any store that is price directed, specialty department or r mass merch, special buys and frequent sales
- purchases merchandise in accordance with the merchandising plan, and sales and profit goals
- Provide commodity merchandise at low prices w/limited service in a no frills environment.
- Design developed by cutting, molding, pinning in expensive fabric or muslin.
- Fiber producers, fabric producers and manufacturer that pay for retailers advertisments that feature thier merchandise.
5 True/False Questions
Wall racks, Rounders, Four-way or stars, t shaped stands, I-beams, collection fixtures. → In selection styles for final adoption the goal is to:
Intrinsic Product attributes → can be altered without changing the garment (price, image, packaging)
Image Advertising → promoting the image or the general perception of the product/service not the functional attributes, most effective for large companies, merch is of secondary importance.
Multiple-unit stores (chains) → clearance stores run by retailers, out of season or slow moving merc
Standards manual → ensure consistency