5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- retail buyer order placement:
- production marker
- Outlet Stores
- Final Cost
- a companies individual registered mark or name for a product (Lycra)
- b manufactures cost to produce the goods, includes all costs to produce a garment including labor and material
- c pattern pieces are arranged for layout and cutting where the goal is to tightly arrange pieces to reduce waste.
- d clearance stores run by retailers, out of season or slow moving merc
- e 1. not every style presented to buyers will be produced
2. must have suffiecent number of orders for the style and the color.
5 Multiple choice questions
- involves the planning writing designing and scheduling of paid announcements. largest part of the retail budget
- Begin with a basic pattern, sloper or block, on heavywight paper called oaktag, patternmaker adds details
- Offer special buys, closeout, over runs, off colors, manufacturing returns
- Most appropriate products for private label:
- Focuses on communications between companies
5 True/False questions
Multiple-unit stores (chains) → US retail is dominated by large chains
Buyer → purchases merchandise in accordance with the merchandising plan, and sales and profit goals
tarrifs → taxes assessed by government on imports
Pattern making from draped design → Design developed by cutting, molding, pinning in expensive fabric or muslin.
1)putting a stores label on a slightly changed manufacturer developed product line.
2)purchasing goods from manufactures who develop exclusively for retailer- not conventional manufactures brand merch/ well rec labels
3)Selecting goods developed by a resident buying office for non-competing retailers (RBO)
4)developing manufacturing goods under stores label (specification buying) Macys charter club → only carry private label merchandise, establish store names as brand...Gap, Limited