← Fundementals notes Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Flexible manufacturing systems (FM)
- Bangladesh, Costa Rica, Guatemala
- Publicity (PR)
- 1. moderate and entry price point categories
4. category with weak or no competing brand
5. Jeans for a price point alternative to major brands
- a Developing countries used for sourcing:
- b sewing is organized into teams of 7-9 operators that are cross-trained in all areas of garment construction
- c Most appropriate products for private label:
- d not controlled by the marketer, but the primary advantage is that it is free.
- e decision making process for determing how or where textile and apparel products and components will be produced. Helps in competitive advantage.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- layout plan of pattern pieces
- A small section of the intended fabric or trim attached to the sketch or drawing.
- ensure consistency
- a 12 digit number which identifies manufacturer and merchandise items by stock keeping units (sku) which includes vendor, style, color, and size.
- link between the manufacturer & consumer. True success in the fashion business is achieved at the retail level.
5 True/False Questions
Production labor costs → pattern pieces are arranged for layout and cutting where the goal is to tightly arrange pieces to reduce waste.
Buyer → purchases merchandise in accordance with the merchandising plan, and sales and profit goals
Store operations → taxes assessed by government on imports
retail buyer order placement: → creating a garment from start to finish
Duplicates → additional samples for sales reps and/or marketing center showrooms, also provides the opportunity for adjustments to avoid future problems