5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Store operations
- Product Developement
- a purchases merchandise in accordance with the merchandising plan, and sales and profit goals
- b layout plan of pattern pieces
- c low prices, buy large quantities of low priced merchandise, pay low rent, simple decor, small staff, less customer service
- d creating a garment from start to finish
- e planning, managing, and maintaining the retail building
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Fixtures include?
- created to sell merchandise...that is the goal
- Final garment spec sheets include:
- In selection styles for final adoption the goal is to:
- Most appropriate products for private label:
5 True/False Questions
1)Piece together elements
2) Repeat a fabric pattern
3) simulate drape on figure
4) Experiment with color/fabric changes
5) SRE & proportion → Main Strategies in retail
UPC Bar coding → a 12 digit number which identifies manufacturer and merchandise items by stock keeping units (sku) which includes vendor, style, color, and size.
Traditional pattern making → Begin with a basic pattern, sloper or block, on heavywight paper called oaktag, patternmaker adds details
sourcing → decision making process for determing how or where textile and apparel products and components will be produced. Helps in competitive advantage.
Market weeks → primary times during the year when lines are shown to retail buyers.