5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Outlet Stores
- Fit model
- Special Events
- Off-price retailers
- a Offer special buys, closeout, over runs, off colors, manufacturing returns
- b gives the customer a pecific time and reason, can enhance stores ID, and builds customer loyalty.
- c used to assess fit and style, represents body proportions of target customer
- d clearance stores run by retailers, out of season or slow moving merc
- e link between the manufacturer & consumer. True success in the fashion business is achieved at the retail level.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- US retail is dominated by large chains
- stores with different departments: furniture,accessories, china..ect
- not controlled by the marketer, but the primary advantage is that it is free.
- CAD (computer aided design)
- can be altered without changing the garment (price, image, packaging)
5 True/False Questions
Market weeks → primary times during the year when lines are shown to retail buyers.
Cooperative Advertising → promoting the image or the general perception of the product/service not the functional attributes, most effective for large companies, merch is of secondary importance.
Product Developement → pattern pieces are arranged for layout and cutting where the goal is to tightly arrange pieces to reduce waste.
Pattern grading → Each pattern piece is remade for each size
Standards manual → ensure consistency