5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Calcium Channel Blockers
- a increased salivation, sweating, muscle cramping, abdominal cramping, hypotension (orthostatic), diarrhea, difficulty breathing, blurred vision, muscle weakness
- b like anticoagulants, bleeding is major adverse effect.
- c headache, dizziness, and flushing. reflex tachycardia, rebound hypotension if suddenly stopped.
- d BLEEDING.
- e orthostatic hypotenstion, headache, insomnia, diarrhea. avoid foods containing tyramine and caffeine
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- anorexia, nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, and headache. Dryness of mouth and metallic tast can occur with Flagyl
- no serious adverse effects. Mild GI upset, diarrhea, and abdominal pain are most common.
- most serious is hypoglycemia: (s/s: tachycardia, confusion, sweating, and drowsiness)
- PERSISTENT COUGH. hypotension, headache, dizziness
- headache most common, dizziness, reflex tachycardia
5 True/False Questions
fibric acid agents → few serious adverse effects. Rashes and Gi complaints are the most common. increased risk of gallstones
Nonstimulants for ADHD → headache, insomnia, upper abdominal pain, decreased appetite, and cough
decongestants → most serious, limiting adverse effect is rebound congestion when used for longer than 3-5 days. minor stinging nad dryness in nasal mucosa. HTN and CNS stimulation that may lead to insomnia or anxiety
antifungal drugs → fever and chills at the beginning of therapy, phlebitis is common during IV therapy, nephrotoxicity, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
CNS stimulants for ADHD → headache, insomnia, upper abdominal pain, decreased appetite, and cough