7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- controlling global warming by setting greenhouse gas emissions targets for developed countries
- Moratorium on mineral exploration for 50 years in Antarctica
- Superfund, designed to identify and clean up
abandoned hazardous waste dumpsites.
- set maximum contaminant levels for pollutants that may have adverse effects on human health.
- Environmental Impact Statements must be done before any project affecting federal lands can be started.
- set pesticide limits in food, & all active and inactive ingredients must be screened for estrogenic/endocrine effects
6 True/False Questions
Clean Water Act → set maximum permissible amounts of water pollutants that can be discharged into waterways. Aim: to make surface waters swimmable and fishable.
Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species → (CITES) lists species that cannot be commercially traded as live specimens or wildlife products.
Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA) → controls hazardous waste with a cradle to grave system
Surface Mining Control & Reclamation Act → requires coal strip mines to reclaim the land
Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act → set pesticide limits in food, & all active and inactive ingredients must be screened for estrogenic/endocrine effects
Low-Level Radioactive Policy Act → US government must develop a high level nuclear waste site by 2015 (see Yucca Mountain).