5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Khe Sahn
- William Westmoreland
- Thurgood Marshall
- Paris Peace talks
- a first African American Supreme Court Justice
- b Peace negotiations between the US and North Vietnamese
- c in triple canopy jungle area NVA launches an attack on Khe Sanh- 6,000 marines surrounded by 25,000. Virtually all NVA were taken out.
- d american general; was commander of us ground troops in south vietnam during vietnam war
- e Student Non-Violent Coordinating Committee, college kids participate in Civil Rights, stage sit-ins and such
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Ku Klux Klan--Against Blacks, Jews, Catholics. Used terror to control them
- prohibited discrimination concerning the sale, rental, and financing of housing based on race, religion, national origin
- In Amerca's ground war in Vietnam, success was measured by body count. If more enemies died than Amercan soldiers, the Amercans' search and destroy mission was considered a success.
- committee appointed to study the causes of urban rioting after violence in Detroit in July 1967; it placed the blame on poverty and discrimination
- three marches in 1965 that marked the political and emotional peak of the American civil rights movement.
5 True/False Questions
Jim Crow Laws → 1953-1961
Little Rock Crisis → The demonstrators were beaten half to death it was all caught on TV and americans could see it. Johnson told gov. of alabama that he would pay for fed marshalls to protect demonstrators to march
Kennedy → Ku Klux Klan--Against Blacks, Jews, Catholics. Used terror to control them
Plessy v. Ferguson → sumpreme court ruled that segregation public places facilities were legal as long as the facilites were equal
Paris Peace Accords → 1973 cease-fire agreement where the US agreed to withdraw their troops from South Vietnam