5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Circlet (Challenge)
- Prefigure (Challenge)
- a <L. "form," "shape"
- b <G. "wheel," "circle"
- c n. 1. A small circle 2. A ring 3. A ring shaped ornament, especially for the head
- d n. 1. A sphere; anything spherical in shape (for example, a planet, an eye) 2. A globe carried by a monarch as a symbol of office
- e v. 1. To show or represent beforehand by a figure or type; foreshadow 2. To picture or represent to oneself beforehand; imagine
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- adj. Occurring or moving in cycles
- n. An accelerator in which particles are propelled in spiral paths by the use of a constant magnetic field
- adj. Roundabout; indirect
- <L. "around"
- adj. Like an orb; circular; ring-like; spherical; rounded
5 True/False Questions
Orbit → <L. "circle," "anything round"
Circumspect → n. The outer boundary of a circle; the perimeter
Figurative → adj. Using figures of speech; symbolic, not literal
Cyclamen (Challenge) → adj. 1. Resembling a circle; circular 2. Smooth-edged, more or less circular in form, and having concentric striations 3. (of a fish) Having such scales 4. Psychiatry, of or noting a personality type characterized by wide fluctuation in mood within the normal range n. 5. A cycloid fish 6. Geometry, a curve generated by a point on the circumference of a circle that rolls, without slipping, on a straight line
Circumference → n. The outer boundary of a circle; the perimeter