5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Circumlocution (Challenge)
- Circlet (Challenge)
- Orbicular (Challenge)
- a n. 1. A small circle 2. A ring 3. A ring shaped ornament, especially for the head
- b adj. Like an orb; circular; ring-like; spherical; rounded
- c <L. "around"
- d n. 1. A roundabout or indirect way of speaking; the use of more words than necessary to express an idea 2. A roundabout expression
- e n. The outer boundary of a circle; the perimeter
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- <L. "form," "shape"
- n. 1. A sphere; anything spherical in shape (for example, a planet, an eye) 2. A globe carried by a monarch as a symbol of office
- n. An accelerator in which particles are propelled in spiral paths by the use of a constant magnetic field
- adj. Roundabout; indirect
- adj. Traveling, etc., around the sun
5 True/False Questions
ORBITA → <L. "wheel"
Configuration → adj. Using figures of speech; symbolic, not literal
Circumspect → adj. Cautious and watchful; prudent
Prefigure (Challenge) → v. 1. To change in outward form or appearance; transform 2. To change so as to glorify or exalt
Transfigure (Challenge) → v. 1. To show or represent beforehand by a figure or type; foreshadow 2. To picture or represent to oneself beforehand; imagine