5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cycloid (Challenge)
- Prefigure (Challenge)
- a adj. Occurring or moving in cycles
- b v. 1. To show or represent beforehand by a figure or type; foreshadow 2. To picture or represent to oneself beforehand; imagine
- c <L. "circle," "anything round"
- d <L. "around"
- e adj. 1. Resembling a circle; circular 2. Smooth-edged, more or less circular in form, and having concentric striations 3. (of a fish) Having such scales 4. Psychiatry, of or noting a personality type characterized by wide fluctuation in mood within the normal range n. 5. A cycloid fish 6. Geometry, a curve generated by a point on the circumference of a circle that rolls, without slipping, on a straight line
5 Multiple choice questions
- <G. "wheel," "circle"
- n. 1. A small circle 2. A ring 3. A ring shaped ornament, especially for the head
- n. 1. Circle; ring 2. A bowl-shaped, steep-walled mountain basin carved by glaciation, often containing a small, round lake
- n. Any low-growing plant of the genus Cyclamen, belonging to the primrose family, having tuberous rootstocks and nodding white, purple, pink, or crimson flowers with reflexed petals
- adj. Roundabout; indirect
5 True/False questions
Configuration → n. A shape or outline; a method of arrangement
Orbit → n. 1. Path of one body as it revolves around another body 2. A sphere of influence; a range of action or experience
Circumsolar (Challenge) → adj. Traveling, etc., around the sun
Encyclical (Challenge) → n. Any low-growing plant of the genus Cyclamen, belonging to the primrose family, having tuberous rootstocks and nodding white, purple, pink, or crimson flowers with reflexed petals
Circumference → adj. Cautious and watchful; prudent