5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- UN Coalition
- Sharia Law
- The Shah
- a System of Islamic law that is based on the Quran.
- b The holy book of Islam.
- c ..., US, Arab and Western nations that fought Saddam.
- d Leader of Iran from 1941-1979. Friend of the USA who introduced reforms to Iranian society.
- e The largest branch of Islam which feels that successors to Muhammad are to be chosen by the Muslim community.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Islamist terrorist organization that launched a series of attacks against U.S.
- Iraqi troops, recruited from the Sunni ruling elites who were personally loyal to Saddam Hussein.
- USSR attacked the Republic of Afghanistan while the US supported the Mujahideen.
- A group of Islamic religion that believes that its religious leader should be chosen based on heredity.
- Anti- taliban warlords and followers of the USA in 2001.
5 True/False Questions
Desert Shield → Building up of troops to protect Saudi Arabia
Iran Iraq War → 1980-1988: Saddam Hussein attempted to gain more land. The US backed Iran.
Scud → Saddam Hussein launched these at Israel and Saudi Arabia during the Persian Gulf War.
Kenya and Tanzania → U.S. embassies bombed by Al-Qaeda
Saddam Hussein → Iraqi leader who waged war against Iran.