← Science Chapter 11 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What does Bernoulli's principle state?
- As elevation increases, pressure
- What does Pascal's Principle state?
- What is a fluid?
- What does Archimedes' principle state?
- a decreases
- b a material that can easily flow
- c when a force applied to a confined fluid the change is pressure is equally transmitted through the fluid.
- d The faster the fluid moves, the less pressure it exerts within the fluid.
- e that the buoyant force that is acting on an object is equal to the weight of the water that is displaced
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The amount of force exerted on a surface
- equal to its own volume.
- if it would sink or float.
- chimneys, planes (flying disks), and atomizers
5 True/False Questions
As depth in water increases, pressure → increases
A partly submerged object displaces an amount of liquid... → equal to its own volume.
what is the formula for pressure? → mass/volume
When will an object float? → the amount of water the ship displaces increases the buoyant force and therefore has a net force greater upwards than down.
What is buoyancy? → a material that can easily flow