5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- concurrency control
- benefits of data warehouse
- data mining
- a the search for relationships and patterns that exist in large databases but are hidden in the vast amounts of data
- b the process of managing simultaneous operations on the database without having them interfere with one another
- c lower data redundancy, centralizes data, increased data accuracy and standardization, more consistent data.
- d -shared and read locks; with a slock in place, other slocks can be put on the same item, but no Xlocks
- e -defines users privaledges
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Extraction: Pulling data from existing systems.
Transformation: Data must be standardized and follow consistent coding schemes.
Cleaning: Removing errors, inconsistencies, or redundancies.
Loading: Copying operational data in the data warehouse (archival, current, or ongoing).
Scheduling: Refreshing the warehouse.
Metadata: Data dictionary containing facts about the data in the warehouse.
- a table that is in 1NF for which every non-PK column is fully functionally dependent on the PK
In other words, the 2NF is violated when a non-PK column is a fact about part of the primary key
- - the analysis of business operations with the intentino of making timely and accurate analysis-based decisions
- supports multiple data re3quests for data at multiple locations. each request is for data on a single server
- an ______ helps you speed up retrieval. You should ____ a column if you use it frequently and easy access is desired
5 True/False Questions
3 tier → is good for building departmental applications, such as decision support and groupware, however doesn't scale well
discovery → is good for building departmental applications, such as decision support and groupware, however doesn't scale well
grant option → -WITH GRANT OPTION permits a user to pass privileges to another user
verification → approach to data analysis is driven by a hypothesis about some relationship in the data
dirstributed request → supports multiple data re3quests for data at multiple locations. each request is for data on a single server