5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- entity integrity
- dirstributed request
- granularity of locks
- a data manipulation language- is used to maintain and query a database
- b supports multiple requests at multiple sites, and each request can access data on multiple sites. most complicated
- c -so the low level of granularity would be A field (attribute) A row A page A table The whole database.
- d -shared and read locks; with a slock in place, other slocks can be put on the same item, but no Xlocks
- e ensures that every row has a unique, non-null primary key.
5 Multiple choice questions
- these are the basic building blocks of a data model. they are the things about which data should be stored, something we need to describe. its the same as a table
- a table in which the intersection of each row and column contains one and only one value
In other words, there should be no « multi-valued » attributes in a table
- -removes privaledges, When a user's privileges are revoked, so are all those privileges which were passed on by this user.
- maintains the accuracy of the database. its application means that every foreign key in a table has an identical primary key in that soame table or another table
- an ______ helps you speed up retrieval. You should ____ a column if you use it frequently and easy access is desired
5 True/False questions
verification → approach to data analysis is driven by a hypothesis about some relationship in the data
grant → -defines users privaledges
2 tier → is supperior for handling large scale internet and intranet applications
data mining → these are the basic building blocks of a data model. they are the things about which data should be stored, something we need to describe. its the same as a table
2nd normal form → a table that is in 2NF for which no non-PK column is transitively dependent on the PK
In other words, the 3NF is violated when a non-PK column is a fact about another non-PK column