5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- data mining
- management tools
- grant option
- concurrency control
- fat "thick" client
- a the process of managing simultaneous operations on the database without having them interfere with one another
- b -WITH GRANT OPTION permits a user to pass privileges to another user
- c Extraction: Pulling data from existing systems.
Transformation: Data must be standardized and follow consistent coding schemes.
Cleaning: Removing errors, inconsistencies, or redundancies.
Loading: Copying operational data in the data warehouse (archival, current, or ongoing).
Scheduling: Refreshing the warehouse.
Metadata: Data dictionary containing facts about the data in the warehouse.
- d the search for relationships and patterns that exist in large databases but are hidden in the vast amounts of data
- e the client in the two-tier model of C\S is also called a ____ ____, because most of the processing runs on the client side
5 Multiple choice questions
- is supperior for handling large scale internet and intranet applications
- ensures that every row has a unique, non-null primary key.
- -no other transaction can issure either a slock or xlock on that item. before a transaction can write to a database item, it must be granted Xlock on that item
- Data Definition language- used to define a database
- -removes privaledges, When a user's privileges are revoked, so are all those privileges which were passed on by this user.
5 True/False questions
2 tier → is supperior for handling large scale internet and intranet applications
DML → Data Definition language- used to define a database
entities → these are the basic building blocks of a data model. they are the things about which data should be stored, something we need to describe. its the same as a table
index → an ______ helps you speed up retrieval. You should ____ a column if you use it frequently and easy access is desired
3rd normal form → a table that is in 2NF for which no non-PK column is transitively dependent on the PK
In other words, the 3NF is violated when a non-PK column is a fact about another non-PK column