5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- grant option
- OLAP-online analytical processing
- distributed transaction
- 3 tier
- a supports multiple data re3quests for data at multiple locations. each request is for data on a single server
- b -defines users privaledges
- c -WITH GRANT OPTION permits a user to pass privileges to another user
- d - the analysis of business operations with the intentino of making timely and accurate analysis-based decisions
- e is supperior for handling large scale internet and intranet applications
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Extraction: Pulling data from existing systems.
Transformation: Data must be standardized and follow consistent coding schemes.
Cleaning: Removing errors, inconsistencies, or redundancies.
Loading: Copying operational data in the data warehouse (archival, current, or ongoing).
Scheduling: Refreshing the warehouse.
Metadata: Data dictionary containing facts about the data in the warehouse.
- is good for building departmental applications, such as decision support and groupware, however doesn't scale well
- lower data redundancy, centralizes data, increased data accuracy and standardization, more consistent data.
- the search for relationships and patterns that exist in large databases but are hidden in the vast amounts of data
- -so the low level of granularity would be A field (attribute) A row A page A table The whole database.
5 True/False Questions
3rd normal form → a table that is in 2NF for which no non-PK column is transitively dependent on the PK
In other words, the 3NF is violated when a non-PK column is a fact about another non-PK column
fat "thick" client → the client in the two-tier model of C\S is also called a ____ ____, because most of the processing runs on the client side
entity integrity → maintains the accuracy of the database. its application means that every foreign key in a table has an identical primary key in that soame table or another table
entities → these are the basic building blocks of a data model. they are the things about which data should be stored, something we need to describe. its the same as a table
thin-client → 3-tier moves the application logic to the server, known as a ___-___ or thick-server architecture