5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 2 tier
- data mining
- management tools
- a is good for building departmental applications, such as decision support and groupware, however doesn't scale well
- b the search for relationships and patterns that exist in large databases but are hidden in the vast amounts of data
- c data manipulation language- is used to maintain and query a database
- d an ______ helps you speed up retrieval. You should ____ a column if you use it frequently and easy access is desired
- e Extraction: Pulling data from existing systems.
Transformation: Data must be standardized and follow consistent coding schemes.
Cleaning: Removing errors, inconsistencies, or redundancies.
Loading: Copying operational data in the data warehouse (archival, current, or ongoing).
Scheduling: Refreshing the warehouse.
Metadata: Data dictionary containing facts about the data in the warehouse.
5 Multiple choice questions
- 3-tier moves the application logic to the server, known as a ___-___ or thick-server architecture
- -defines users privaledges
- ensures that every row has a unique, non-null primary key.
- these are the basic building blocks of a data model. they are the things about which data should be stored, something we need to describe. its the same as a table
- approach to data analysis sifts through the data in search of frequently occurring patterns and trends
5 True/False questions
OLAP-online analytical processing → maintains the accuracy of the database. its application means that every foreign key in a table has an identical primary key in that soame table or another table
benefits of data warehouse → ensures that every row has a unique, non-null primary key.
Referential Integrity → ensures that every row has a unique, non-null primary key.
1st normal form → a table in which the intersection of each row and column contains one and only one value
In other words, there should be no « multi-valued » attributes in a table
2nd normal form → a table that is in 1NF for which every non-PK column is fully functionally dependent on the PK
In other words, the 2NF is violated when a non-PK column is a fact about part of the primary key