5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- data mining
- management tools
- a Extraction: Pulling data from existing systems.
Transformation: Data must be standardized and follow consistent coding schemes.
Cleaning: Removing errors, inconsistencies, or redundancies.
Loading: Copying operational data in the data warehouse (archival, current, or ongoing).
Scheduling: Refreshing the warehouse.
Metadata: Data dictionary containing facts about the data in the warehouse.
- b -removes privaledges, When a user's privileges are revoked, so are all those privileges which were passed on by this user.
- c the search for relationships and patterns that exist in large databases but are hidden in the vast amounts of data
- d data manipulation language- is used to maintain and query a database
- e -defines users privaledges
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- is good for building departmental applications, such as decision support and groupware, however doesn't scale well
- maintains the accuracy of the database. its application means that every foreign key in a table has an identical primary key in that soame table or another table
- approach to data analysis is driven by a hypothesis about some relationship in the data
- approach to data analysis sifts through the data in search of frequently occurring patterns and trends
- 3-tier moves the application logic to the server, known as a ___-___ or thick-server architecture
5 True/False Questions
concurrency control → the process of managing simultaneous operations on the database without having them interfere with one another
benefits of data warehouse → lower data redundancy, centralizes data, increased data accuracy and standardization, more consistent data.
OLAP-online analytical processing → - the analysis of business operations with the intentino of making timely and accurate analysis-based decisions
dirstributed request → supports multiple data re3quests for data at multiple locations. each request is for data on a single server
fat "thick" client → the client in the two-tier model of C\S is also called a ____ ____, because most of the processing runs on the client side