← Final Test ED RDG Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Prefixes and suffixes
- CLOZE (test)
- Directed Reading-Thinking Activity
- Divergent (question)
- a Using word sorts is a way to develop this skill (if not categorized by content or by prefix/suffix).
- b A negative of using this test is that sometimes it is difficult to grade; some versions require marking off words that are semantically correct but not exact copies.
- c Requires teachers to nurture the inquiry process and students to be active participants and questioners.
- d Why does Dr. Li ask so many questions? Does she have a life outside of class?
Are you just about ready to student teach?
are examples of this kind of question.
- e Affixes
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Two vowel letters that represent one speech sound.
- the steps in this process include: 1) Build good habits 2) devise a system that works for you 3) keep at it 4) maintain a certain degree of tension and 5) concentrate
- A letter or a sequence of letters added to the beginning of a root word.
- A letter or a sequence of letters added to the end of a root word.
- The four ways in which parents can be involved in their children's literacy development include the following.
5 True/False Questions
Vocabulary Consciousness → An awareness that words may have different meanings based on their context and a desire to increase one's vocabulary.
Whole-to-Part Phonics Instruction → A Teacher-directed technique consisting of four steps; summarizing questioning clarifying and predicting.
Naming Test → Reader must supply words which have been systematically deleted from a passage.
Reading Olympics (Program) (s) → A hierarchy of reading comprehension skills ranging from the more simplistic to the more complex ones; a classification of these skills.
Categorizing → A useful tool for studying and writing papers that involves students writing down important key points so that they can retain the information.