← Science 25 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- car batteries
- many are crystal in pure undissolved state
feel slippery in solution
strong bases are corrosive
- citrus fruits
- white blue
- a chemical reaction between an acid ad a base taking place in a water solution
- b litmus papers will turn bases from ________ to ________ color.
- c Citric acid comes from:
- d sulfuric acid is in ____________________.
- e give 3 properties of bases:
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- name some uses of salt:
- Give 3 properties of acids:
- a substance that forms hydroxide ions in a water solution
- nitric acid us used to make __________ & ____________.
- compound formed when the negative ions from an acid combine with positive ions from a base
5 True/False Questions
red → contains at least one hydrogen atom that can be removed when the acid is dissolved in water, forming hydronium ions
stomach → phosphoric acid is found in _________ drinks.
soft → compound formed when the negative ions from an acid combine with positive ions from a base
stomach → the strongest acid is found in your ___________.
acid → bromthymol blue (BTB) turns ________ when mixed with an acid.