5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a The call to prayer echoed across town from the balcony of the ________.
- b His polite greeting was ______ by the stranger, who ignored him and walked past.
- c I was able to begin running again after a long ______ from my broken leg.
- d She had difficulty deciding between wearing her _____ dress or the one that was a brighter shade of purple.
- e He sat on the surfboard and watched the next set of waves ______ toward shore.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- She received her doctrate after completing her ____ on the eating habits of Pleistocene period insects.
- With all the additives put in food, it is hard to find something to eat that is completely _____.
- The famine had left the people sick and ______.
- The teacher allowed us to _____ on the question for a few minutes before beginning the discussion.
- I decided to contact a local Muslim _____ with my question about Islam.
5 True/False Questions
brazen → The call to prayer echoed across town from the balcony of the ________.
palliative → The ______ began to work quickly, reducing the pain from my headache.
melancholic → After the divorce, he became ______ for period of months.
morose → The huge pile of homework put me in a / an ______ mood.
slough → The hikers had to ________ along the muddy trail for two hours to reach the campsite.