← Final Exam Review Test
6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- Long term changes in the genetic makeup of a large population or species is called ___________.
- The ability to maintain a constant body temperature s an example of _________/__________.
- Organisms that feed on dead organic matter and help to recycle nutrients are called ____________.
- Individuals with traits or adaptations best suited to the environment leave a large number of offspring which increases the proportion of inheritance variations in the next generation. This differential reproductive success is what Charles Darwin called _________ _______ which can lead to evolution.
- The group on an experiment, which contains one condition changed, is the __________ group.
- The single condition altered or changed in an experiment is the ____________ variable.
5 True/False Questions
adaptation → An inherited characteristic or behavior that helps organisms survive and successfully reproduce is called an ____________.
bacteria and Archaea → All organisms are given a scientific name which is derived from the ______ and _______ group to which they belong.
hypothesis → A tentative or possible explanation to a problem is called a ____________.
control → The group in an experiment, which contains one condition changed, is the _______ group.
population → All of the catfish (one species) that live in a pond make up a __________.