← Chem, Chapter 7 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- polyatomic ion
- Hydrochloric acid
- oxidation number
- Monatomic ion
- a The charge on a monatomic ion is known as its ___.
- b an ion made out of more than 1 type of element. It is a molecule has has become charged.
- c an ion made out of one type of element only
- d How many formula units are shown in the following - 6H2SO4
- e Name of this acid - HCl. (acids get a different set of naming rules
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A ___ is a neutral particle formed when neutral atoms combine.
- proper name for Na2O
- A ___ is any compound containing only two elements.
- The simplest whole-number ratio of atoms or ions in a compound is indicated by a(n) ___.
- A(n) ___ is a combination of symbols representing the composition of a compound.
5 True/False Questions
Heptane → An atom that has become electrically charged.
molecular formula → A formula for a compound that exists as a molecule is called a(n) ___.
Iron (II) Sulfide → proper name for Na2O
chemical symbol → A(n) ___ is a combination of symbols representing the composition of a compound.
oxide, O2- → The name and symbol of the oxygen ion