← Chem, Chapter 7 Test
5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- oxidation number
- Sulfuric Acid
- polyatomic ion
- a an ion made out of more than 1 type of element. It is a molecule has has become charged.
- b a negatively charged ion
- c Name of this acid - H2SO4. (acids get a different set of naming rules
- d The charge on a monatomic ion is known as its ___.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Name of this acid - HNO3. (acids get a different set of naming rules
- A(n) ___ is a combination of symbols representing the composition of a compound.
- proper name for FeS (since Fe has more than 1 oxidation number)
- proper name for Na2O
- name of UF6 (using the prefix method for binary molecules)
5 True/False Questions
Heptane → Name this organic compound - C7H16 (remember organics gets its own set of naming rules)
formula unit → A ___ is a neutral particle formed when neutral atoms combine.
Monatomic ion → an ion made out of one type of element only
C4H9 → What is the empirical formula that goes with the following molecular formula - C8H18
cation → a positively charged ion