5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- and-desist-order-an order requiring the company to stop the specified conduct
- voluntary agreement to stop an illegal practice
- untrue claims or quality or effectiveness about goods or services offered for sale.
- dishonest or illegal method of business competition.
- restoring or making good a loss; repayment of money illegally obtained.
4 True/False Questions
Consumer → and-desist-order-an order requiring the company to stop the specified conduct
Bait and switch → a business's use of an under stocked, low priced "come-on" to lure prospective buyers into the store. Once there, the buyers find that the advertised item has been sold out and are then deftly redirected to a better but more expensive (and more profitable) product.
Caveat emptor → let the buyer beware
Corrective advertising → advertising ordered by the FTC to correct a false or misleading impression created by previous advertising for that product or service