HES318 Infant Nutrition
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Define preterm infant.
- Define colic.
- Describe the EPSDT (Early Periodic Screening Detection & Treatment program role in combating infant mortality.
- What are the key components of motor development?
- What are the energy needs from birth to 6 months old?
- a sudden onset of irritability, fussiness or crying
- b ability to control voluntary muscles, motor development from top down- controls head first and lower legs last, muscle development is central to peripheral
- c emphasizes nutrition; provides preventative & routine care for infants in low-income families
- d infant born before 37 weeks of gestation.
- e 108 kcal/kg/day (range from 80 to 120)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- growth reflects nutritional adequacy, health status, economic and environmental adequacy
- infant turns head toward the cheek that is touched.
- a fixed period of time in which certain behaviors or developments emerge
- 9-12% from PRO, 41-43% from CHO, 48-50% from FAT
- lack of weight or length gain, plateau in weight, length, or head circumference for >1 month, drop in weight without regain in a few weeks
5 True/False Questions
What are the protein needs from birth to 6 months old? → 2.2g/kg/day
What does the standard newborn growth assessment AGA stand for? → Small for gestational age
What are common infant nutritional problems & concerns? → failure to thrive, colic, iron deficiency anemia, constipation, dental caries, food allergies
List the macro nutrient make up of breast milk? → 9-12% from PRO, 41-43% from CHO, 48-50% from FAT
What are the energy needs from 6 to 12 months old? → 108 kcal/kg/day (range from 80 to 120)