← Music Final Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Call and Response
- a Which instrument is not typically included in a Mariachi ensemble?
- b a lead singer announces an opening phrase, and the chorus utters a short, simple reply
- c Which of the following is not a double reed instrument?
- d The Impressionist painter Monet is often linked with the one of the following composers
- e Baroque composer who spent much of his career as a church musician
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- One of the following was actually intended more as background entertainment for aristocratic gatherings
- Musicians famous for playing cool jazz.
- Broadway musical that is an American urban adaptation of the Romeo and Juliet story
- What is the result when African drums play together?
- Long unaccompanied solo that occurs typically near the end of a concerto movement
5 True/False Questions
Louis Armstrong (1901-1971) → Born in New Orleans, he was nicked named "Satchmo."
Jazz-fusion → Lively and energetic, pulsating rhythms and scintillating syncopations, played by a combo or big hand, tends to be polyphonic
Consonance → The interval formed by playing, for example, a "C" combined with another "C" eight notes
Bali → A small island located just below the equator in the middle of the vast archipelago of Indonesia, the fourth largest country in the world by population.
Napoleon Bonaparte → The original dedicatee of Beethoven's Symphony No. 3, ("Eroica")