5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The Great Depression
- Manhattan Project
- a The period from 1929-1941, in which the economy was in severe decline and millions of people were out of work..
- b The imperial powers followed a policy of building up armed forces and their use as a tool of diplomacy.
- c The establishment of fixed amounts of goods able to be purchased by citizens that were needed by the military.
- d Journalists who wrote about the corrupt side of business in mass circulation magazines during the early 1920s.
- e This was the best kept secret of the war. Likewise, it was the most ambitious scientific enterprise of the war. This program established the atomic weapons that would end the war.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- This test was given to voters in the south prior to voting to ensure that the individual could read, a requirement for voting.
- The Taft administration followed the policy of using the U.S. government to guarantee loans made to foreign countries by American businesspeople.
- The policy in which stronger nations extend their economic, political, or military control over weaker territories.
- A group that controlled the activities of a political party in a city and offered services to voters and businesses in exchange for political or financial support.
- Japanese Americans that were born in this country and therefore were citizens and were shipped to internment camps.
5 True/False Questions
Alexander Graham Bell → This inventor made the first working telephone.
14 Points → A political scandal that centered on the cover-up of a burglary at the Democratic National Headquarters.
Kent State Disaster → A college incident that left students dead as they marched in protest to the Vietnam War.
George Patton → He was an American General that led the invasion force of France and later Germany.
Progressive Movement → A reform movement of the late 1800s that stressed returning control of the government to the people, restoring economic opportunities, and correcting the injustices of American life.