5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Upton SinclaIr, The Jungle
- Collective Bargaining
- Kent State Disaster
- Great Society
- a What LBJ named his grand vision for America. It eliminated poverty and racial injustice, and created a higher standard of living and equal opportunity.
- b A novel that brought attention to the terrible working conditions in meat packing plants. This author and novel brought Roosevelt to take investigative action.
- c This form of conflict resolution between labor and business allowed labor to act as a single item rather than independent workers.
- d A college incident that left students dead as they marched in protest to the Vietnam War.
- e He not only built the first passenger cars for trains, he built a city around the industrial sites where they were made.
5 Multiple choice questions
- He founded Standard Oil Co. when he bought out many competitors.
- Japanese Americans that were born in this country and therefore were citizens and were shipped to internment camps.
- Communist leader of Cuba.
- A golden spike marked the last of this major construction project connecting the west and east coasts.
- The defensive military alliance against Soviet aggression.
5 True/False questions
Monopoly → The famous anti-Communist Senator from Wisconsin.
Scabs → Those countries joined together that included: France, Great Britain, and Russia.
Kamikaze → A second site, this city in Japan was also destroyed by an atomic bomb.
Lusitania → He not only built the first passenger cars for trains, he built a city around the industrial sites where they were made.
Progressive Movement → A reform movement of the late 1800s that stressed returning control of the government to the people, restoring economic opportunities, and correcting the injustices of American life.