5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Treaty of Versailles
- Star Wars
- Square Deal
- Robert McNamara
- a A defense department - "strategic defense initiative"; this idea outlines putting military satellites in space.
- b The establishment of fixed amounts of goods able to be purchased by citizens that were needed by the military.
- c This is the name of the formal terms of peace in Europe.
- d Secretary of Defense who aided LBJ when he sent soldiers to Vietnam.
- e This term was used to describe the progressive reforms in the Roosevelt administration.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An arrangement to buy now and pay later.
- A five member watch dog commission established in 1914, it investigated possible violations of regulatory statues and business monopolies.
- A concrete wall built between East Germany and West Germany during the Cold War.
- The policy in which stronger nations extend their economic, political, or military control over weaker territories.
- This woman published the "Feminine Mystique" in which she portrayed women's dissatisfaction with their role in American society.
5 True/False questions
Conscientious Objector → An effort to block Soviet influence, and to support and ally weaker countries.
Great Society → A Russian term that encouraged openness in discussing social problems, free speech.
Boss Tweed → In 1871, this political boss and his organization pocketed 200 million dollars from New York City.
League of Nations → The engagement in risky business transactions, the buying and selling of stocks in the chance of quick or considerable profit.
Jimmy Carter → He became one of America's top pilots and hero shooting down 26 enemy airplanes.