5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Bill Clinton
- GI Bill of Rights
- Convoy System
- Jimmy Carter
- a The first member of the baby boom generation to become President; he represented youth and Democratic principles.
- b A system whereby merchant ships would travel with a circling guard of destroyers and cruisers.
- c A former governor of Georgia and a peanut farmer, the democratic candidate won the election of 1976.
- d This bill passed by Congress provided education and training for veterans. Over half of the returning soldiers attended college and technical schools under this bill.
- e He was one of the greatest union organizers of the IR.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- An effort to block Soviet influence, and to support and ally weaker countries.
- Communist leader of Cuba.
- This inventor made the first working telephone.
- A golden spike marked the last of this major construction project connecting the west and east coasts.
- In order to meet the demand for American soldiers, Congress passed this act.
5 True/False Questions
Nagasaki → A second site, this city in Japan was also destroyed by an atomic bomb.
Winston Churchill → The attorney on the side of Brown in the Brown vs. Board of Education case. An important figure in getting rid of segregation.
My Lai Massacre → Communist leader of Cuba.
Poll Tax → He not only built the first passenger cars for trains, he built a city around the industrial sites where they were made.
Ho Chi Minh → President McKinley had ordered this battleship to Cuba to protect American lives and property. On Feb. 15, 1898, an explosion sent the ship's ammunition up in flames with the ship.