5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Price Supports
- Marshall plan
- Cesar Chavez
- Interstate Commerce Act
- United Nations
- a He was a latino that unionized migrant farm workers to end exploitation in America's Southwest.
- b This was to be the new organization of countries that would serve as an international peacekeeping body.
- c The maintaining of certain price levels for key products at or above market value utilizing government funds.
- d This act passed by Congress, gave the federal government the power and authority to regulate railroad activities.
- e This plan proposed that the U.S. should give aid to all European countries that needed it.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What LBJ named his grand vision for America. It eliminated poverty and racial injustice, and created a higher standard of living and equal opportunity.
- A concrete wall built between East Germany and West Germany during the Cold War.
- In February 1945, Roosevelt met with Churchill and Stalin at a city on the Black Sea. Here the leaders made important decisions about the future of peace in Europe.
- He was an entrepreneur that revolutionized business practices. As an oil magnate, he came to great wealth later selling his holdings to become one of the great philanthropists.
- A moral position taken by an individual in which he opposes war on religious grounds and refuses induction into the military.
5 True/False Questions
Treaty of Versailles → Formed around the poor of the urban areas, these lines offered food relief for the poor.
Boulder Dam → Hoover's eventual attempt to jump start the economy was directing federal funds to this large construction project.
Robert McNamara → A concrete wall built between East Germany and West Germany during the Cold War.
Referendum → This term refers to the payment of 33 billion dollars Germany would need to pay as part of the treaty which ended WWI.
D-Day → The day allied forces invaded the coast of Normandy as it began the final defeat of Hitler.