5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Tonkin Gulf Resolution
- Fidel Castro
- Pulitzer and Hearst
- a These two newspaper men captured the reading publics' imaginations in the late 1800s by publishing the largest circulation newspapers in the U.S.
- b Communist leader of Cuba.
- c This statement by Congress, although not a declaration of war, gave President Johnson full authority to wage war in Vietnam.
- d Japanese Americans that were born in this country and therefore were citizens and were shipped to internment camps.
- e Makeshift shacks where migrants and workers would live as they worked the agricultural fields of the West.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An economic term that advocated large tax breaks to increase private investment, which in turn were intended to increase the nation's supply of goods and services.
- The ability to remove elected officials and legislation from public office.
- A five member watch dog commission established in 1914, it investigated possible violations of regulatory statues and business monopolies.
- A defense department - "strategic defense initiative"; this idea outlines putting military satellites in space.
- The conservative President who was elected in 1968.
5 True/False questions
Bill Clinton → Formed around the poor of the urban areas, these lines offered food relief for the poor.
War Production Board → This board created by Congress was established to ensure that needed resources were received by industries so the war could be won.
Yalta Conference → The governor of Wisconsin and leader of the progressive movement, he championed control of big business, better working conditions for workers, and treating business the same as people are treated.
Rugged Individualism → This was Hoover's response to how Americans should respond to the pressures and hardships of the Depression.
Alexander Graham Bell → This inventor made the first working telephone.