5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- New Federalism
- Warren Court
- George Patton
- a Journalists who wrote about the corrupt side of business in mass circulation magazines during the early 1920s.
- b Nixon's plan to distribute a portion of federal power to state and local governments.
- c Nixon's plan to end America's involvement in Vietnam that called for gradual withdrawal of troops.
- d The Supreme Court under Chief Justice Earl Warren that dealt many important rulings.
- e He was an American General that led the invasion force of France and later Germany.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- He became the President in 1928, a man from Iowa, that promised to keep government intervention out of the nation's current economic problems.
- British and American officials began dropping food and other supplies over West Berlin when the Soviet Union blocked off the city.
- This vessel was sunk in May of 1915 by German U-boats. 128 Americans were killed which ignited a rash response from the U.S.
- This woman published the "Feminine Mystique" in which she portrayed women's dissatisfaction with their role in American society.
- In 1919, this amendment granted women the right to vote.
5 True/False Questions
Watergate → A suicide plane tactic used by the Japanese in the Battle for Leyte Bay.
Political Machine → An effort to block Soviet influence, and to support and ally weaker countries.
Literacy Test → This test was given to voters in the south prior to voting to ensure that the individual could read, a requirement for voting.
Winston Churchill → Paying a small percentage of a stock's price as a down payment and borrowing the rest.
Oppenheimer → He was the leader of the scientists at Los Alamos that actually built the Atomic Bomb.