5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Nuremburg Trials
- a After the fall of Germany, this event was conducted to expose and convict the leaders of Germany responsible for the war and the crimes committed against allied countries.
- b A Russian term that referred to the reconstructing of the Soviet economic and political elements in Soviet society.
- c He was the leader of Italy during WWII. He formed a Nazi party and preferred to be called "el duce."
- d This vessel was sunk in May of 1915 by German U-boats. 128 Americans were killed which ignited a rash response from the U.S.
- e Japanese Americans that were born in this country and therefore were citizens and were shipped to internment camps.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A system whereby merchant ships would travel with a circling guard of destroyers and cruisers.
- The first city that was destroyed using a nuclear weapon. This military location in Japan ceased to exist on August 6, 1945.
- The illegal use of political influence for personal gain.
- In February 1945, Roosevelt met with Churchill and Stalin at a city on the Black Sea. Here the leaders made important decisions about the future of peace in Europe.
- The first easing of tension in the Middle
East occurred as Egypt and Israel met with President Carter and signed this document.
5 True/False questions
Militarism → The belief that women should have economic, political, and social equality.
Allies → He was one of the greatest union organizers of the IR.
Rockefeller → He founded Standard Oil Co. when he bought out many competitors.
Tammany Hall → A concrete wall built between East Germany and West Germany during the Cold War.
Political Machine → A group that controlled the activities of a political party in a city and offered services to voters and businesses in exchange for political or financial support.