5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Baby Boom
- Kent State Disaster
- Interstate Commerce Act
- a A college incident that left students dead as they marched in protest to the Vietnam War.
- b He founded Standard Oil Co. when he bought out many competitors.
- c He was one of the greatest union organizers of the IR.
- d An unprecedented population explosion occurring as soldiers returned from WWII.
- e This act passed by Congress, gave the federal government the power and authority to regulate railroad activities.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- This woman published the "Feminine Mystique" in which she portrayed women's dissatisfaction with their role in American society.
- A moral position taken by an individual in which he opposes war on religious grounds and refuses induction into the military.
- This was Hoover's response to how Americans should respond to the pressures and hardships of the Depression.
- What LBJ named his grand vision for America. It eliminated poverty and racial injustice, and created a higher standard of living and equal opportunity.
- This philosophy utilized new biological foundations that suggested the "fittest will rise to the top." Applying this idea to business, many business men could now rationalize their ruthless behavior.
5 True/False Questions
Zimmerman note → This telegram was intercepted. It was a bargain with Mexico to offer U.S. soil as a reward for attacking the U.S. and interrupting their preparations for war with Germany.
Berlin Wall → Hoover's eventual attempt to jump start the economy was directing federal funds to this large construction project.
Convoy System → The systematic murder of 11 million people across Europe, more than half of whom were Jews.
Buying on Margin → Paying a small percentage of a stock's price as a down payment and borrowing the rest.
The Great Depression → The period from 1929-1941, in which the economy was in severe decline and millions of people were out of work..