5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Lyndon Johnson
- Bessemer Process
- Espionage and Sedition Acts
- Gerald Ford
- a Took office after the resignation of Richard Nixon, he declared, "Our long national nightmare is over."
- b This act was passed by Congress to control individuals and groups that obstructed the war effort in their speech, press, and actions.
- c The U.S. President that grew up in Texas and won his election in 1964.
- d The defensive military alliance against Soviet aggression.
- e This process made using steel for construction much more useful.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An attempt in industry to make jobs more efficient, simpler, and easier.
- This term was used to describe the progressive reforms in the Roosevelt administration.
- After the fall of Germany, this event was conducted to expose and convict the leaders of Germany responsible for the war and the crimes committed against allied countries.
- In February 1945, Roosevelt met with Churchill and Stalin at a city on the Black Sea. Here the leaders made important decisions about the future of peace in Europe.
- This was Hoover's response to how Americans should respond to the pressures and hardships of the Depression.
5 True/False questions
Conscientious Objector → Buying material goods.
Battle of the Bulge → This is the name of the formal terms of peace in Europe.
Dwight D. Eisenhower → Operation Torch was commanded by this general. He later became the commanding general of all forces in Europe.
Robert McNamara → Secretary of Defense who aided LBJ when he sent soldiers to Vietnam.
Students for a Democratic Society → A far left student organization that protested the war and the government that supported it.