America:The History of Our Nation Chapter 24
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- October 1922
- Lend Lease Act
- Total War
- December 7, 1941
- a Conflict involving not just armies but entire nations.
- b A political system based on militarism, extreme nationalism, and blind loyalty.
- c Allowed U.S. to lend or lease supplies to Britain and other nations fighting Germany.
- d Mussolini threatened to over throw Italy's government. Ended freedom of press and banned all parties.
- e Japan launches surprise attack on Pearl Harbor. 2,400 American killed.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A nation in which a single party controls the government and every aspect of lives.
- Japan invades French colonies of Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia. U.S. bans exports to Japan.
- Under General Douglas MacArthur withdraws troops to Bataan Peninsula of Philippines. Forced to surrender
- Emperor of Japan.
- European leaders meet in Munich Germany wanting to appease Hitler.
5 True/False Questions
Munich Pact → Gave Hitler a small part of Czechoslovakia-No further territory.
Appeasement → Policy of giving in to aggression in order to avoid war.
Atlantic Charter → Roosevelt+Churchill least of goals for post war Europe. Emphasized right of self-governance and established Internationale peace organ.
U.S. September 1940 → U.S. troops land in North Africa
Haile Selassie → Policy of giving in to aggression in order to avoid war.