5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- boers/afrikaners/Boer War
- fueled by napolean, congress of vienna-how?
- meiji restoration
- political interest
- ems dispatch
- a emperor restored to full power
- b for a short period of time, napolean unified parts of europe but congress seperated them again, but napolean left a spark that liberals would build on.
- c telegram written by bismark, which made it seem like the prussian king was bashing the french ppl.
- d to be ahead of balance and power
- e Boers refused to grant political rights to foreigners, including the Brits
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- king of sardinia- piedmont (1849-61) and king of italy (61-7)
1st king of a united italy
- most imp person in china
- german statesman, became the leading force behind german unification. main political goal: prussia to gain power over austria.
policy= "blood and iron"
known as "iron chancellor"
- "politics of reality"- belief in practical goals instead of theory in political philosophy
(sounds like macchiaveli)
power at any cost?
- motives: glory, god, and gold
5 True/False Questions
missionary → social darwinists believed they had a moral obligation to civilize inferiror races
zollverein → people of cape, black
Boers → alxander II, alexander III, Nicholas II
Tsars → emperor believed best way to maintain indp was to reform and modernize.
means "enlightened one"
the british have an empire all around the globe → "the sun never sets on the british empire"