5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- eastern question
- germany after unification
- red shirts
- otto van bismark
- a army of volunteer troops led by garibaldi. in 1860 they attacked the island of sicily and won it for the italians
- b stable and strong, soon to be one of the greatest military forces in europe
- c spreading russian influence
heart= orthodoxy, autocracy, nationalism
- d what happens if ottoman emp falls?
- e german statesman, became the leading force behind german unification. main political goal: prussia to gain power over austria.
policy= "blood and iron"
known as "iron chancellor"
5 Multiple choice questions
- motives: economic interest, political interest, social darwinism, and missionary
problems: division of land, and monoculture
- hungary was able to be independ but they were still controlled by Franz Joseph I and had to contribute to Austria
cause: hungarian nationalism
- takes credit for defeating napolean
- 1 monarch, 2 nations
share ministry of finance, defense, and foreign affairs
- pride in ones nation
5 True/False questions
berlin conference → dividing africa amongst european countries
II Risorgiment → means "resurgence" or "rebirth"
was the nationalist newspaper that cavour founded.
eventually became name for the movement of italian unification and freedom from austrian control
austrian emp as multinational → stable and strong, soon to be one of the greatest military forces in europe
king Leopold II → king of belgium
Menelik II → leader of indias struggle for independence from brits. organized the population for protest thru nonvoplent resistance and civil disobedience