5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- count camillo cavour
- "jewel in the crown"
- sino-japanese war
- chinese go to war with japan
- political interest
- a to be ahead of balance and power
- b chinese go to war with japan (fight over korea) japan wins kore and taiwan
- c india bc most important bc profit more from them
- d japan forced korea to open 3 ports
showed japan strongest asian nation
- e italian states man and premier of the kingdom of sardinia.
architect of the italian unific movement in the later 1800s
known as brains of italian nationalism.
5 Multiple choice questions
- emancipation: freedom of serfs
- social darwinists believed they had a moral obligation to civilize inferiror races
- war with denmark (revolution of 1848)??
- common enemy-napolean
internal weakness and divisions
never been together before
was a good thing
- an application of charles darwin's scientific theories of natural selection and the survival of the fittest to the struggle between nations and races; used in late 1800s to justify imperialism and racism
5 True/False questions
commodore matthew perry → explored middle of afria, sent to japan twice by US
sent to threaten japan to open ports
Balkan War → series of wars: austria-hungary gets more land out of it
congress of vienna → anti-foreigners
"white man's burden" → control other cultures and help them advance
austrian emp as multinational → ruled by conservative abs monarchs who wanted certain thing but not everyone was austrian
1/4 hungarian or italian