5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- social darwinism
- nationalism in Austrian Empire
- germany after unification
- indian national congress
- a brought on by several diff. ethnic grps w/in austrian empire
- b an application of charles darwin's scientific theories of natural selection and the survival of the fittest to the struggle between nations and races; used in late 1800s to justify imperialism and racism
- c moderates who want a say in gov. nor freedon, just reforms
- d stable and strong, soon to be one of the greatest military forces in europe
- e customs union, connected german states by removing taxes on goods within the german confed.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- spreading russian influence
heart= orthodoxy, autocracy, nationalism
- growing only 1 thing
- creates constitution: freedom of speech & assembly, and elected representative body
ignorance of it= russian revolution
- german statesman, became the leading force behind german unification. main political goal: prussia to gain power over austria.
policy= "blood and iron"
known as "iron chancellor"
- 1. lack of african unity
2. deceitful tactics
3. advanced technology/weapons
5 True/False Questions
missionary → king of prussia (1861-88), emperor of germany (71-88).
chose otto van bismark ad prussia's prime minister- unified germany together
dark continetn → no one knew what the center of africa looked like
euros didnt go bc: sacred, climate, no infustructure, disease
Henry Stanley → army of volunteer troops led by garibaldi. in 1860 they attacked the island of sicily and won it for the italians
african resistance → 1. shaka and zulu (rebel agst Brits)
2. by menelik II (keeps italians out)
3. maji maji rebellion (ast. Germany)
tokugawa shogunate → all the european powers trying to claim land in africa. mad-dash for land grab