5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- the one with more barley moves faster because..
- hydrogen atoms are transferred from glucose to...
- oxygen is being taken up by the barley to perform respiration..
- organic compounds +oxygen -->
- a oxygen sucks the water drop down
- b carbon dioxide + Water +energy
- c chain of electron acceptors and donors
- d two NAD+, reducing them to NADH
- e it has more material
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- electron carrier molecule to an ETC then finally to oxygen
- glucose (6 carbons) split into 2 molecules of pyruvate (3 carbon molecules)
- to make 6 carbon molecule called citrate
- 1) heat production (some energy given off during respiration is liberated as heat)
2) liberation of Carbon dioxide
3) oxygen consumption
5 True/False Questions
final step in ETC.. → pyruvate enters mitochondrion, where it loses one CO2 and is converted to the acetyl group (2-carbon)
mitochondria → glucose (6 carbons) split into 2 molecules of pyruvate (3 carbon molecules)
NADH and FADH2 carry electrons to... → ATP synthase, which is the enzyme that catalyzes the condensation of ADP and an inorganic phosphate to make ATP
in one reaction of cycle → electrons on placed on FAD (electron acceptor), reducing it to FADH2
glucose (C6H12O6) → glucose (6 carbons) split into 2 molecules of pyruvate (3 carbon molecules)