5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Death of Sardanapalus
- a Dürer's Adam and Eve conveys his admiration for the _______________________ style.
- b Eugène Delacroix's painting __________________________________, probably best exemplifies the common notion of romantic art.
- c The artist ___________________________'s unidealized figures and naturalistic treatment of subject matter influenced many later artists throughout Europe, and changed the manner painting was executed.
- d Among the foremost painters of the Italian Baroque was Artemisia _________________, the daughter of a successful Roman artist.
A. Caravaggio B. Gentileschi C. Velázquez
- e The Neoclassical Period is also thought of as the Age of
5 Multiple choice questions
- The author of "Concerning the Spiritual in Art" was _________________________.
- To combat a trend of male-dominated art shows in major museums and galleries, __________ appeared in public in masks as "conscience of the art world" and mounted huge posters of protest.
A. Kruger B. Mendieta C. Snyder D. Guerrilla Girls
- Romanticism believed in the notion that ______________, and they also valued sincere feeling and honest emotions
A. Feeling is All
B. Feeling is Dead
C. Feeling is Feeling
- _________________________ is a late nineteenth-century art style that relies on the gains made by Impressionists in terms of the use of color and spontaneous brushwork, but which uses these elements as expressive devices.
- Giovanni Arnolfini and His bride
A. Limbourg Brothers B. Robert Campin C. Jan van Eyck
5 True/False questions
Jacques-Louis David, The Oath of the Horatii (1784) →
Rothko → Artists throughout the world today, are more than ever, influenced by their knowledge of what is happening in the political world at large, and by their awareness of the art world all around them—past and present.
a. True b. False
Cubism → The painting The Oath of the Horatii by Jacques-Louis _____________________ depicts the Neoclassical elements of heroism, idealism, rationality, truth, reason, and logic.
Consumer Culture → Pop Art can also be coined as the art that embodies
A. The Enlightenment
B. Consumer culture
D. Guerrilla Girls
Post-Impressionism → Seurat
A. Impressionism B. Post-Impressionism C. Neither