5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Philip Glass
- Rosa Bonheur
- Consumer Culture
- a The first woman artist to receive the Légion d'Honneur (1865)
A. Elizabeth Vigée-Lebrun
B. Rosa Bonheur
C. Mary Cassatt
- b _____________________ can be thought of in terms of a diverse level of creativity formed from movement, energy, destruction and mass confusion, which also used anarchist and fascist tendencies.
A. Fauves B. Expressionism C. Cubism D. Futurism
- c Shirin Neshat's film Passage was commissioned by the world composer ________.
a. Subodh Gupta b. Zaha Hadid c. Emily Jacir d. Philip Glass e. Adi Nes
- d Pop Art can also be coined as the art that embodies
A. The Enlightenment
B. Consumer culture
D. Guerrilla Girls
- e Spans roughly the years from 1600 to 1750
A. Baroque B. Rococo C. Renaissance
5 Multiple choice questions
- Pluralism in the arts is the inclusion of not just a white, male master, rather exploring and embracing women artists, artists of color, non-western art, and folk art.
A. True B. False
A. American B. French C. German D. Spanish E. English
- To combat a trend of male-dominated art shows in major museums and galleries, __________ appeared in public in masks as "conscience of the art world" and mounted huge posters of protest.
A. Kruger B. Mendieta C. Snyder D. Guerrilla Girls
- What set the ______________________ apart from their nineteenth-century predecessors was their use of harsh, non-descriptive unnatural color, bold liner patterning, and a distorted form of perspective.
5 True/False questions
Expressionism → The painting The Persistence of Memory by Salvador Dali
A. Constructivism B. Dada C. Surrealism
Bernini → ___________________'s David is a perfect example of Baroque style: which combines space, a sense of movement, energy, tension and theatrical spirituality.
A. Caravaggio B. Gentileschi C. Velázquez D. Bernini
Manet → _________________________ is the element that is probably the unifying theme of the formal changes in the transition from the Renaissance to the Baroque.
Zaha Hadid → Among the 21st century women architects to become infamous includes:
a. Shirin Neshat.
b. Emily Jacir.
c. Zaha Hadid.
d. Sarah Lucas.
e. Prajakta Palav Aher.
Cubism → Picasso's Les Demoiselle's d'Avignon is an excellent example of_________________.