5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sandro Botticelli, The Birth of Venus (c. 1486)
- Rosa Bonheur
- Takashi Murakami
- Diego Velázquez, Las Meninas (The Maids of Honor) (1656)
- a The _________________ was characterized by a renewed interest in ancient Greek and Roman art and design and included an emphasis on human beings, their environment, science, and philosophy.
A. Renaissance B. Gothic C. GrecoRomano
- b The first woman artist to receive the Légion d'Honneur (1865)
A. Elizabeth Vigée-Lebrun
B. Rosa Bonheur
C. Mary Cassatt
- d An artist whose work embraces the concept of hybridity includes:
a. Vik Muniz. b. Takashi Murakami. c. Jeff Koons. d. Hew Locke.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The author of "Concerning the Spiritual in Art" was _________________________.
- What set the ______________________ apart from their nineteenth-century predecessors was their use of harsh, non-descriptive unnatural color, bold liner patterning, and a distorted form of perspective.
5 True/False questions
Counter-Reformation → The painting The Persistence of Memory by Salvador Dali
A. Constructivism B. Dada C. Surrealism
Native South Americas → Cassatt
A. American B. French C. German D. Spanish E. English
Indian → The Great Stupa at Sanchi
A. African B. Oceanic C. Native Americas D. Islamic E. Indian F. Chinese G. Japanese
India, Taj Mahal, Agra India (1630-1648) →
Michelangelo, David (1501-1504) →