5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- sorporate level strategy
- a One of the advantages of a systems view of management is that it forces managers to be aware of how the environment affects specific parts of the organization.
- b The level of agreement on whether behavior is good or bad is defined as the level of ethical acceptance.
- c Which of the following methods for managing resistance to change should only be used as a last resort or under crisis conditions?
- d The term ____ refers to the overall organizational strategy that addresses the question "What business or businesses are we in or should we be in?"
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Shell Oil Company's plan to sink an abandoned offshore oil-storage buoy had a massive effect on employee motivation and recruitment. The number of qualified people applying for jobs at Shell plummeted, and many employees looked for positions in other companies. The plan caused much greater harm than Shell's managers had ever imagined it would. In other words, the plan had a much greater ____ than predicted.
- A competitive advantage becomes a sustainable competitive advantage when other companies have found it very expensive to duplicate the what the firm is providing to customers
- Extensive research demonstrates clearly that organizational culture is strongly related to organizational success.
- Unlike licensing, franchising, or joint ventures, wholly owned affiliates are 100 percent owned by the parent company.
- One of Taylor's scientific management principles concerned how workers should be selected.
5 True/False Questions
effectiveness → Disadvantages of ____ departmentalization include slower decision making, the development of managers and workers with narrow experience and expertise, and makes it more difficult for cross-departmental coordination.
change forces; resistance forces → Which of the following is an example of a common approach to corporate-level strategy?
reciprocal, pooled, and sequential → The three types of task interdependence are
resource scarcity → The ____ strategy of minimizing or adapting to the political risk inherent to global business makes use of joint ventures and collaborative contracts.
retrenchment → The purpose of a ____ strategy is to turn around very poor company performance by shrinking the size or scope of the business.