5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- technological substitution
- Planning gives direction to managers and employees.
- people management
- reciprocal, pooled, and sequential
- a After a year as a manager, new managers typically realize their job is
- b Refer to Krispy Kreme. How does Krispy Kreme benefit from planning?
- c Discontinuous change in an innovation stream is characterized by ____.
- d When conducting global business, companies should attempt to identify the two types of political risk, which are political uncertainty and economic uncertainty.
- e The three types of task interdependence are
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The most important factor used by a globalizing company for determining if a country or a region has an attractive business climate is ____.
- Which of the following is an example of a common approach to corporate-level strategy?
- One method of weighing decision criteria uses ____, which is a process where each decision is compared directly to every other criterion.
- Top management is responsible for developing long-term ____ that make clear how the company will serve customers and position itself against competitors in the next two to five years.
- According to Mary Parker Follett, if managers use ____ to settle or reduce conflict, each of the parties involved give up some of what they want.
5 True/False Questions
preconventional → Doug has a low-paying job for a telecommunications company. Every day when he goes home from work, Doug puts a headset, a stapler, or something similar in his lunch box and takes it home with him. Doug sees nothing wrong with his behavior since he feels he is being paid less than he should. In terms of Kohlberg's stages of moral development, Doug is operating at which level?
retrenchment → ____ is defined as getting work done through others.
licensing → Sodima is a French cooperative that owns the name, the trade secrets, and the patents on Yoplait yogurt. General Mills pays Sodima for the right to sell Yoplait yogurt in the United States. This is an example of ____.
negotiator → According to Mintzberg, which role would a manager assume if she were trying to convince union members to accept a 25-cent-per-hour reduction in pay in order to keep the manufacturing plant open?
is a derailer → All events outside a company that have the potential to influence or affect it occur in the ____ environment.