5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- de norming
- a Global new ventures bring a good or service to market in one foreign market at a time.
- b Companies often choose a stability strategy when their external environment doesn't change much or after they have struggled with periods of explosive growth.
- c A(n) ____ organization is an organization that is characterized by specialized jobs and responsibilities; precisely defined, unchanging roles; and a rigid chain of command based on centralized authority and vertical communication.
- d In the stages of team development, a team moves from growth to decline during the ____ stage
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A work team is a small number of people who have been assigned responsibility for pursuing a common purpose, achieving performance goals, and improving interdependent work processes.
- A manufacturer of acrylic and latex gloves sells to medical laboratories, to factories where employees handle chemicals, to companies that manufacture micro-tech equipment, and to cleaning services. Because it is organized to better satisfy the needs of each of its four target markets, the manufacturer uses ____ departmentalization.
- After their first year of managerial experience, managers tend to:
- According to Mary Parker Follett, if managers use ____ to settle or reduce conflict, each of the parties involved give up some of what they want.
- The level of agreement on whether behavior is good or bad is defined as the level of ethical acceptance.
5 True/False Questions
true → The three steps of the strategy-making process are (1) assess the need for strategic change, (2) conduct a situational analysis, and (3) choose the strategic alternatives.
false → When companies are performing above or better than their strategic reference points, top management is more likely to choose a daring, risk-taking strategy.
reengineering → In recent years, the Air Force Weather Agency (AFWA) has undergone a radical change in how it determines and shares local weather conditions with pilots. Before the local base weather station was responsible for warnings. The quality of this information varied. Now AFWA provides the same high standard of weather information to all pilots. This is an example of ____?
Henri Fayol → Imagine Dow Chemical is conducting a situational analysis. According to its sales, Dow is the second largest chemical company in the world. BASF is the largest. Both companies use a similar strategy. Within Dow's situational analysis, BASF would be classified as a ____.
true → Cross-department coordination tends to be very easy in organizations with functional departmentalization.