5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Right-to-work state
- Cottage industry
- Fordist production
- a Form of mass production in which each worker is assigned one specific task to perform repeatedly.
- b Factories built by U.S. companies in Mexico near the U.S. border, to take advantage of much cheaper labor costs in Mexico.
- c A permanent collection of buildings and inhabitants.
- d Manufacturing based in homes rather than in a factory, commonly found before the Industrial Revolution.
- e A U.S. state that has passed a law preventing a union and company from negotiating a contract that requires workers to join a union as a condition of employment.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A community's collection of basic industries.
- Services that provide for the well-being and personal improvement of individual consumers
- The largest settlement in a country, if it has more than twice as many people as the second-ranking settlement.
- Services that primarily help people conduct business.
- Services that diffuse and distribute services.
5 True/False Questions
Clustered rural settlement → A rural settlement in which the houses and farm buildings of each family are situated close to each other and fields surround the settlement.
Retail Services → Services that provide goods for sale to consumers.
City-State → A sovereign state comprising a city and its immediate hinterland..
Dispersed rural settlement → A rural settlement in which the houses and farm buildings of each family are situated close to each other and fields surround the settlement.
Consumer Services → Businesses that provide services primarily to individual consumers, including retail services and personal services.