5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Producer services
- Central Place
- Post-Fordist production
- New international division of labor
- Public Services
- a Transfer of some types of jobs, especially those requiring low-paid less skilled workers, from more developed to less developed countries.
- b A market center for the exchange of services by people attracted from the surrounding area.
- c Services offered by the government to provide security and protection for citizens and businesses
- d Adoption by companies of flexible work rules, such as the allocation of workers to teams that perform a variety of tasks.
- e Services that primarily help people conduct business.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The process of consolidating small landholdings into a smaller number of larger farms in England during the eighteenth century.
- An industry in which the final product weighs less or comprises a lower volume than the inputs.
- Form of mass production in which each worker is assigned one specific task to perform repeatedly.
- An activity that fulfills a human want or need and returns money to those who provide it.
- An industry for which labor costs comprise a high percentage of total expenses.
5 True/False questions
Dispersed rural settlement → A rural settlement pattern characterized by isolated farms rather than clustered villages.
Economic base → A community's collection of basic industries.
Retail Services → Services that provide goods for sale to consumers.
Break-of-bulk point → A location where transfer is possible from one mode of transportation to another.
Site factors → Location factors related to the costs of factors of production inside the plant, such as land, labor, and capital.