← Chapter 11 and 12 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Right-to-work state
- Central Business District
- Producer services
- Economic base
- New international division of labor
- a A community's collection of basic industries.
- b Transfer of some types of jobs, especially those requiring low-paid less skilled workers, from more developed to less developed countries.
- c Services that primarily help people conduct business.
- d The area of the city where retail and office activities are clustered.
- e A U.S. state that has passed a law preventing a union and company from negotiating a contract that requires workers to join a union as a condition of employment.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Services that diffuse and distribute services.
- Location factors related to the transportation of materials into and from a factory.
- A sovereign state comprising a city and its immediate hinterland..
- Form of mass production in which each worker is assigned one specific task to perform repeatedly.
- Services that provide for the well-being and personal improvement of individual consumers
5 True/False Questions
Primate City → A pattern of settlements in a country, such that the largest settlement has more than twice as many people as the second-ranking settlement.
Break-of-bulk point → A group of neighboring countries that promote trade with each other and erect barriers to limit trade with other blocs
Clustered rural settlement → A rural settlement pattern characterized by isolated farms rather than clustered villages.
Industrial Revolution → Form of mass production in which each worker is assigned one specific task to perform repeatedly.
Dispersed rural settlement → A rural settlement in which the houses and farm buildings of each family are situated close to each other and fields surround the settlement.