5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Break-of-bulk point
- Primate City
- Retail Services
- a A location where transfer is possible from one mode of transportation to another.
- b The largest settlement in a country, if it has more than twice as many people as the second-ranking settlement.
- c An activity that fulfills a human want or need and returns money to those who provide it.
- d The minimum number of people needed to support the service
- e Services that provide goods for sale to consumers.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Services offered by the government to provide security and protection for citizens and businesses
- An industry in which the final product weighs more or compromises a greater volume than the inputs
- Services that diffuse and distribute services.
- A pattern of settlements in a country, such that the largest settlement has more than twice as many people as the second-ranking settlement.
- An industry for which labor costs comprise a high percentage of total expenses.
5 True/False Questions
Personal Services → Services that provide for the well-being and personal improvement of individual consumers
Maquiladora → The area surrounding a central place, from which people are attracted to use the place's goods and services.
Cottage industry → Industries that sell their products primarily to consumers in the community.
Central Place theory → A theory that explains the distribution of services, based on the fact that settlements serve as centers of market areas for services; larger settlements are fewer and farther apart than smaller settlements and provide services for a larger number of people who are willing to travel farther.
Clustered rural settlement → A rural settlement pattern characterized by isolated farms rather than clustered villages.