5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Business services
- Trading bloc
- Transportation and information services
- Gravity model
- Post-Fordist production
- a Services that diffuse and distribute services.
- b A model that holds that the potential use of a service at a particular location is directly related to the number of people in a location and inversely related to the distance people must travel to reach the service.
- c Adoption by companies of flexible work rules, such as the allocation of workers to teams that perform a variety of tasks.
- d Services that primarily meet the needs of other businesses.
- e A group of neighboring countries that promote trade with each other and erect barriers to limit trade with other blocs
5 Multiple choice questions
- Industries that sell their products primarily to consumers in the community.
- The minimum number of people needed to support the service
- A rural settlement pattern characterized by isolated farms rather than clustered villages.
- A community's collection of basic industries.
- Transfer of some types of jobs, especially those requiring low-paid less skilled workers, from more developed to less developed countries.
5 True/False questions
Right-to-work state → A U.S. state that has passed a law preventing a union and company from negotiating a contract that requires workers to join a union as a condition of employment.
Site factors → Location factors related to the transportation of materials into and from a factory.
Situation factors → Location factors related to the costs of factors of production inside the plant, such as land, labor, and capital.
Central Place → A theory that explains the distribution of services, based on the fact that settlements serve as centers of market areas for services; larger settlements are fewer and farther apart than smaller settlements and provide services for a larger number of people who are willing to travel farther.
Bulk-gaining industry → An industry in which the final product weighs more or compromises a greater volume than the inputs