← APUSH Final Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The first attempt to apply the doctrine of popular sovereignty in determining the status of slavery occurred in
- "The problem lay buried, unspoken, for many years in the minds of American women. It was a strange stirring, a sense of dissatisfaction, a yearning that women suffered...Each suburban wife struggled with it alone. As she made the beds, shopped for groceries. matched slipcover material, ate peanut butter sandwiches with her children, chauffeured Cub Scouts and Brownies, lay beside her husband at night-she was afraid to ask of herself the silent question-'Is this all?' The author of this statement above most likely was
- The Missouri compromise did which of the following?
- Which of the following was true of a married woman in the colonial era?
- The 1979 incident at Three Mile Island had which of the following effects?
- a she generally lost control of her property when she married
- b Allowed Maine to enter the Union as a free state
- c it increased support for the movement against nuclear power
- d Betty Friedan
- e Kansas
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- cutting of wages without proportionate cuts in company housing rates
- a large republic offered the best protection of minority rights
- Resistance to slavery
- raise revenue to pay for british troops in the colonies
- payment of money to veterans of the First World War
5 True/False Questions
Which of the following stressed the importance of individual inspiration, self-reliance, dissent, and nonconformity? → they were forced from their homes and businesses on the West Cost into detention camps
The Supreme Court case of Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka directly contradicted the legal principle established by → Plessy v. Ferguson
Which of the following is true of the 1935 Social Security Act? → It legislated a tax that transfers money from workers to pensioners.
Around 1920, the number of children aged 10 to 15 in the industrial work force began to decline fro which of the following reasons? → states began to require children to attend school until a certain age and to limit the ages at which they could be employed
"we believe that the time has come when the railroad corporations will either own the people or the people must own the railroads... We demand a national currency, safe, sound, and flexible... we demand a graduated income tax... we demand a free ballot."
Which of the following groups included the passage above in its platform? → People's Party (populists)