5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Name four common chemical methods of visualizing latent prints
- Name three reasons why alternate light sources have replaced laser for visualzing prints.
- What are the 3 fundamental principles of fingerprinting?
- List three examples of low level explosives
- a a. No two fingerprints have identical ridge characteristics
b. Fingerprints remain unchanged during a lifetime
- b a. Iodine Fuming
c. Physical Developer
d. Super glue fuming
- c Black Powder, Smokeless Powder and Chlorate Mixtures
- d a. they are portable
b. commercial lights are cheaper
c. you can select the wavelengths or light
- e cause the blood to clot
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- impressing of the inner surface of a gun barrel withspiral grooves.
- a physical change from the solid to gas
- rapid release of oxygen with another substance
- a chemical reagent used to develop latent fingerprints on porous materials by reacting with amino acids in sweat.
- a hand gun is not rifled; shot gun bullets spread out.
5 True/False Questions
whorl t → a class of fingerprints that includes ridge patterns that are round or circular and have two deltas.
latent fingerprint t → fingerprint made in ink, or blood onto a surface
How is energy realeased in a chemical reaction t → the bonds are broken
what is the most commonly used high explosive → ANFO (Ammonium Nitrate)
black powder t → minimum temperature at which a liquid fuel procuces enough vapor to burn