6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Receive damages that compensate (make up) for harm caused by the defendant (hospital bills, lost wages, pain and suffering)
- The land that or object that belongs to the public
- A legally recognized excuse for the defendant's actions
- Legal responsibility of manufactures and sellers for injuries cause by defective products they produce or sell
- Given to people who think of an idea or product to market that has never been invented before
Does not cover creative expression
- A type of defense in a negligent suit where the defendant wants to divide the loss according to the degree of fault of each person
6 True/False questions
Counter Claim → Someone unlawfully exercises control over the personal property of another person
Trespass → When one company so dominates (controls) a market there is no other competition
Cause in fact → When a harm would not have occurred without the original wrongful act.
Injunction → Court order making a defendant to stop the activity complained about.
Infringement → Court order making a defendant to stop the activity complained about.
Negligence → A legally recognized excuse for the defendant's actions