1. To what OT figures does Paul refer (and in what chapter) in order to support his assertion that justification is by faith?
Abraham (ch 4)
David (ch 4)
Adam (ch 5)
"A man is not a Jew if he is only one outwardly"
7. "For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the Law"
8. "For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under Law, but under grace."
10. "there is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus"
11. "the righteous requirements of the Law [are] fully met in us"
13. "I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy..."
14. "How can they hear without someone preaching...? And how can they preach unless they are sent?" [=a classic statement of the necessity of missions]
15. A key text related to general revelation
16. A reference to God's "handing/giving people over" to their own sin
17. Two key references to the revelation of God's righteousness
Ro 1:17, 3:21
18. A reference to circumcision as a "sign" and "seal" of righteousness by faith
19. A detailed discussion of Genesis 15/17 and their implications
20. An extended Christ/Adam parallel (often described in terms of "federal headship")
21. A reference to the imputation (not Paul's term) of Adam's sin to "all men"
22. A denial that grace is a license to sin
Rom 6:1-2 & 6:15
23. A reference to the inability of the "flesh" to submit to God's Law (=a key reference to total depravity)
24. A reference to the believer's duty to "mortify" or "put to death" sin/flesh/the misdeeds of the body
25. An extended discussion of God's sovereignty in salvation
26. A list of spiritual gifts
27. A discussion of submission to the civil authority
28. Love as the fulfillment of the Law
29. A discussion of weak and strong
40. "For I resolved to know nothing....except Jesus Christ and him crucified"
1 Cor. 2:2
41. "I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some."-
1 Cor. 9:22
42. "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man."-
1 Cor. 10:13
43. "Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ."
1 Cor. 11:1
44. "So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three' but the greatest of these is love.
1 Cor. 13:13
45. "For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures..."
1 Cor. 15:3
46. "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God"
1 Cor. 15:50
47. A reference to factions or divisions in the church
1 Cor 1:10-17
48. An extended discussion of foolishness and wisdom and of the folly of the cross
1 Cor 1:18-31
49. A reference to the church as the temple, in whom God's Spirit dwells
1 Cor 6:19
50. A discussion of church discipline
1 Cor 5 (specifically vv. 9-13)
51. A reference to the children of a believing parent as "holy"
1 Cor 7:14
52. References to participating in the blood and body of Christ in the Lord's Supper "one body/one loaf" symbolism
1 Cor 10:16-17
53. A discussion of headship and head coverings
1 Cor 11:2-16
54. Paul's most extended discussion of the Lord's Supper, including the words of institution
1 Cor 11:17- 34 broadly, and 11:23-26 more narrowly dealing with the words of institution
55. A list(s) of spiritual gifts
1 Cor 12:28-31
56. An extended body/parts metaphor for the church
1 Cor 12:12-26
57. Paul's most extended discussion of the resurrection the defeat of the sting of death
1 Cor 15:35-58
65. "For no matter how many promises God has made, they are 'Yes' in Christ." [=a key indicator of the Christ-centeredness of Scripture]
2 Cor 1:20
66. Believers "reflect the Lord's glory, [and] are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory"
2 Cor 3:18
67. "Godly sorrow brings repentance...but worldly sorrow brings death."
2 Cor. 7:10
68. "God loves a cheerful giver"
2 Cor. 9:7
69. "For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light."
2 Cor. 11:13-14
70. A statement of the need to forgive repentant offenders [=a key instruction related to church discipline]
2 Cor. 2:5-11
71. An extended contrast between the ministry of the old covenant and the ministry of the new covenant
2 Cor. 3
72. A promise that to be away from the body is to be "at home with the Lord"
2 Cor. 5:8
73. A description of the ministry of reconciliation
2 Cor 5
74. A prohibition against being "yoked together" with unbelievers
2 Cor 6
75. An extended discussion of Christian giving [2 chapters]
2 Cor 8,9
76. A catalog of Paul's many sufferings
2 Cor 11
77. A description of Paul's "thorn in the flesh"
2 Cor 12
80. In what book and chapter does Paul rejoice that "Christ is preached," whether from false motives or true?
In what book and chapter does Paul appeal to Christians to follow Christ's example of humility?
In what book and chapter does Paul recount his reasons for "confidence in the flesh" before putting his confidence in Christ?
83. In what book and chapter does Paul say, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
86. Locate by book and chapter a hymn to Christ's supremacy as "firstborn" of creation and redemption.
...a reference connecting baptism and circumcision.
...: "For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form."
Who is Philemon?
Paul's slave-owning fellow Gospel worker.
Who is Onesimus?
Philemon's slave, Paul's child in the faith.
An extended reference to the unity of Jew and Gentile accomplished in Christ.
A reference to apostles and prophets as the church's foundation, with Christ as chief cornerstone.
An extended call to Christian unity, including references to each member of the Trinity ("Spirit...Lord...God and Father") and to "one Lord, one faith, one baptism."
An extended text on the duty of husbands and wives to reflect the love between Christ and the church.
A description of "the full armor of God."
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions above and try again
Reload the page to try again!
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.