5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- stationary front definition
- autumnal equinox definition
- chaparral climate
- El Nino and La Nina are...
- winter solstice definition
- a the day the earths north pole is furthest from the sun. the least daylight hours in one day, the shortest day. (December 22)
- b when a warm front or a cold front stops moving
- c the first day of fall. the hours of daylight and night are equal. (September 23)
- d ocean currents
- e wet in winter and dry in summer. influenced by maritime polar air masses and continental tropical air masses.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- when cold dry polar air meets warm moist tropical air. winds traveling in different directions meet and begin to rotate. the rotating air creates updrafts which begin to rotate in a column of air.
- 4 distinct seasons, deciduous trees. polar front zone, boundary between polar air masses and tropical.
- forms over land, warm and dry
- located on coasts. influenced by ocean winds and continental polar and maritime polar air masses.
- weather that causes property damage or death
5 True/False Questions
thunderstorm definition → small intense storms that produce strong winds, heavy rain, lightning and thunder
what causes earths seasons → cold temperatures and light precipitation
hurricane definition → The average, year-after-year conditions of temperature, precipitation, winds, and clouds in an area.
summer solstice definition → the day the earths north pole is furthest from the sun. the least daylight hours in one day, the shortest day. (December 22)
savanna climate → coniferous trees. continental polar air masses