5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- stationary front definition
- thunderstorm definition
- hurricane definition
- warm front definition
- a when a warm front or a cold front stops moving
- b a place where a warm air mass replaces a cold air mass
- c small intense storms that produce strong winds, heavy rain, lightning and thunder
- d what season is it (in the northern hemisphere) when the earth is furthest from the sun?
- e a large rotating tropical weather system with winds above 119 km/h
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- begin as thunderstorms over tropical waters. winds traveling in opposite directions collide and rotate around a low pressure system.
- wet in winter and dry in summer. influenced by maritime polar air masses and continental tropical air masses.
- forms over water, cold and wet
- an electric discharge between 2 oppositely charged surfaces
- A huge body of air that has similar temperature, humidity, and air pressure at any given height.
5 True/False Questions
continental tropical air mass → forms over land, cold and dry
cold front definition → a place where a warm air mass replaces a cold air mass
cold front weather → heavy rain snow or thunderstorms
rainforest climate → warm and wet. influenced by maritime tropical air masses near the coast/
stationary front weather → when a warm front or a cold front stops moving