5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- IgM, plasma
- (1) II, take the antigen in and make a MHC-ANTIGEN COMPLEX,
(2) HELPER T, HELPER T, INTERLEUKIN-2
- IgD, IgM, clump, agglutination
- a (1) ___ class antibodies activate B cells. (2) ___ class antibodies are glutinators which means they ___ microbes a process called ___
- b (1) B cells have MHC-___ self antigens. When a B cell is stimulated by the antigen it recognises, the first thing the B cell does it to ___.
(2) Then a ___ cell is required for costimulation. The ___ cell does this by secreting ___
- c class ___ antibodies are polymers (like stars floating around) and are secreted by ___ cells
- d Ig___ found in intestines
- e Ig___ found mainly in saliva, tears, saliva, body fluids
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Ig___ is most rare
- Ig ___ class antibodies are the most abundant.
- plasma cells secrete ___.
- ___ class antibodies is the most important class in humoral immunity (because they activate ___ cells)
- Ig___ agglutinates and lyses microbes
5 True/False Questions
IgG, IgE, IgD (think GED is a basic degree) → Ig ___ class antibodies cross the placenta and
Ig ___ class antibodies are in breast milk
IgE → Ig___ can be a monomer or dimer (2 unit)
IgM → Ig___ can be a monomer or dimer (2 unit)
IgD → Ig__ is star shaped (pentamer - 5 units)
UNDERGOS CLONAL SELECTION, MEMORY B CELLS AND PLASMA CELLS → after costimulation a B cell ___. generating ___.