← apbio ch2-5 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a fats with specifically three fatty acid tails linked to glycerol. most abundant energy source in our bodies, very rich, concentrated in tissue for insulation.
- b DNA inside prokaryotic cells is concentrated in this region of cytoplasm
- c each molecule of DNA together with all its attached proteins
- d lipids with carbon backbone, rings, no fatty acid tails. hormones are derived from cholesterol.
- e Function: make subunits for ribosomes in cytoplasm
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- semifluid mixture of water, sugars, ions, proteins between plasma membrane and DNA in a cell
- Function: making ATP by breaking down sugars
- has a row of phosphates and a nitrogenous base attached to sugar, primes reactions, energy.
- Function: help distribute chromosomes to new cells
- amino acid chains, bonded by condensation, involved in protein synthesis
5 True/False Questions
oligosaccharides → are short chains of covalently bonded monosaccharides. often attached to lipids or proteins.
vacuoles → Function: protecting/controlling access to DNA
fatty acids → organic compounds with carboxyl group on a backbone of C's.
plasma membrane, DNA, cytoplasm → separates outside of cell from inside, but doesn't isolate interior
primary structure → unique sequence of amino acids, first layer