5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- cattle thieves
- Comanche and Kiowa
- a Which Native American groups posed the greatest threat to Texas settlers in the 1860's?
- b Besides Native American raiders, who were the Texas Rangers assigned to stop?
- c The transfer of land from one country to another is known as a...
- d Refusal of a government head to sign a bill
- e Oil discoveries
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Cattle ranchers liked the Texas Longhorn because...
- Legislation that required U.S. citizens to help police officers in capturing escaped slaves
- Disease carried by ticks and spread by cattle
- In the Zimmerman Telegram, _________________ offered to join forces with Mexico to invade the United States and take back former Mexican Territories.
- Texas Longhorn cattle are descendants of...
5 True/False Questions
cycle of poverty → Besides Native American raiders, who were the Texas Rangers assigned to stop?
windmills → Change made to a law, bill, or document
Confederate efforts to keep Texas ports open. → What was Sam Houston's goal in 1860?
buffalo soldier → African American soldier on the Texas frontier
To keep them from running away or being taken → What was Sam Houston's goal in 1860?