5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Oxford Cleric
- He killed her son
- The Franklin
- Big Flood
- He tells the good and the bad tales
- a Who loves books more than money?
- b Who is the wealthy land owner of free birth?
- c How does Chaucer persuade us that he is unbiased as a narrator?
- d Why did the John the carpenter get in the bath tub?
- e Why does Grendel's mother want to fight Beowulf
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who dresses rich, but in debt?
- Why does Beowulf come to Hereot?
- Whose real name is Hubert?
- Who is the lowest ranked character?
- Who is the highest ranking character?
5 True/False questions
the doctor → Who uses astrology to cure people?
The Cook → Who boils chicken with marrow bone?
fabliau → a parody of Courtley Love, the characters are ordinary people, theres repeated motifs and stock characters.
The Monk → Who loves to hunt?
The Sergeant at the law → Who is dedicated to his job and wears multi-colored clothing?