5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- the doctor
- He tells the good and the bad tales
- The Sergeant at the law
- a A boasting match, "showing off"
- b How does Chaucer persuade us that he is unbiased as a narrator?
- c What is a descriptive phrase that takes the place of a word? ex.: death-price
- d Who is dedicated to his job and wears multi-colored clothing?
- e Who uses astrology to cure people?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who is the highest ranking character?
- Who does Beowulf fight last?
- Who is the wealthy land owner of free birth?
- a parody of Courtley Love, the characters are ordinary people, theres repeated motifs and stock characters.
- Why does Beowulf come to Hereot?
5 True/False questions
He killed her son → Why does Grendel's mother want to fight Beowulf
gatekeeper → Who does Beowulf meet at the gate of Hereot?
the pardner → Who is the lowest ranked character?
Oxford Cleric → Who loves books more than money?
The Merchant → Who is the highest ranking character?