5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The Squire
- He tells the good and the bad tales
- for fame
- the knight
- a Why does Beowulf come to Hereot?
- b Who is the son of the Knight?
- c a husband whose wife had cheated on
- d Who is the highest ranking character?
- e How does Chaucer persuade us that he is unbiased as a narrator?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Who is the lowest ranked character?
- Who boils chicken with marrow bone?
- Why does Grendel's mother want to fight Beowulf
- a parody of Courtley Love, the characters are ordinary people, theres repeated motifs and stock characters.
- Whose real name is Hubert?
5 True/False Questions
Oxford Cleric → Why does Beowulf come to Hereot?
The Sergeant at the law → Who is dedicated to his job and wears multi-colored clothing?
The Monk → Who loves to hunt?
kenning → Who dies in the Knight's Tale?
Arcite → Who dies in the Knight's Tale?