5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Monk
- He tells the good and the bad tales
- Oxford Cleric
- the doctor
- a What is a descriptive phrase that takes the place of a word? ex.: death-price
- b Who uses astrology to cure people?
- c How does Chaucer persuade us that he is unbiased as a narrator?
- d Who loves books more than money?
- e Who loves to hunt?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who tells the first tale?
- Who does Beowulf fight last?
- a parody of Courtley Love, the characters are ordinary people, theres repeated motifs and stock characters.
- Who is the wealthy land owner of free birth?
- Who is the highest ranking character?
5 True/False questions
for fame → Why does Beowulf come to Hereot?
The Merchant → Who dresses rich, but in debt?
Big Flood → Why did the John the carpenter get in the bath tub?
The Friar → Whose real name is Hubert?
gielp → a parody of Courtley Love, the characters are ordinary people, theres repeated motifs and stock characters.