5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- Big Flood
- the knight
- The Franklin
- He killed her son
- a Why did the John the carpenter get in the bath tub?
- b Who is the highest ranking character?
- c Why does Grendel's mother want to fight Beowulf
- d Who is the wealthy land owner of free birth?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A boasting match, "showing off"
- Who boils chicken with marrow bone?
- a parody of Courtley Love, the characters are ordinary people, theres repeated motifs and stock characters.
- Why does Beowulf come to Hereot?
- Who dresses rich, but in debt?
5 True/False Questions
Oxford Cleric → Who loves books more than money?
cuckold → A boasting match, "showing off"
The Friar → Who is the highest ranking character?
He tells the good and the bad tales → Who is dedicated to his job and wears multi-colored clothing?
gatekeeper → Who does Beowulf meet at the gate of Hereot?