5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Three mile island
- How fast are wetlands disappearing
- What is the importance of marsh plant roots
- Independent variable
- What is the importance of estuaries to water fowl and shellfish
- a a island in the Susquehanna River, near Middletown, Pennsylvania; scene of a newar-disastrous accident at a nuclear plant in 1979 that raised the issue of nuclear-energy safety.
- b A football field every 30-45 minutes
- c Some organisms need varying salinities at different times in their life cycles
- d what you are going to make different in an experiment
- e The roots keep the soil stable. When they are destroyed, the plant dies and the soil erodes away more easily.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 2 or more reactants combine to form one product
- is seen when a mixture makes a beam of light visible.
- A negatively charged particle that moves around the nucleus
- part of an experiment used to compare the "experimental group" to. It is the "Normal" condition, or it does not contain a form of the independent variable.
5 True/False Questions
ethical concerns → • One of the ethical issues was altering their lives to create a bomb that would kill so many people. They were never able to tell anyone anything and all they were doing to creating a top bomb to destroy so many people. Another is they were always exposed to radioactivity which even killed some people at times.
Valence election → A negatively charged particle that moves around the nucleus
Suspension → mixture in which small particles of a substance are dispersed throughout a gas or liquid-are heterogeneous mixtures of a solid and a liquid in which the solid does not dissolve. Will settle when left standing undisturbed. Will show the tyndall effect
Hypothesis → 2 or more reactants combine to form one product
Swamp → is a visibly distinct portion of matter