5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- bonding between two elements
- Ethical Principles
- a Ionic bonds will form between a metal (a positive ion) and a nonmetal (a negative ion.) Electrons are transferred—one gives up and one gains an electron.
Covalent bonds will form between two non-metals (negative oxidation numbers.) Electrons are shared—neither atom will give up its electrons.
- b nutria create a problem in the marsh because they eat the marsh grasses and dig up the roots
- c enable us to examine different points of view. We can then assess the competing claims of the different moral systems. Helps us choose from right and wrong
- d the release of Radiation
- e A bacterium, virus, or other microorganism that can cause disease
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the doing of good; active goodness or kindness; charity
- (E coli) these bacteria live in the digestive systems of animals, including humans-indicates the dumping of animal or human waste into the water or an overpopulation of animals in the area
- A liquid that dissolves some kind of solid
- a line of defense-prevents water from expanding and taking over the land-Mississippi River
- are a special type of suspension. This mixture consists of two liquids that do not mix. Since the liquids do not mix, emulsions are heterogeneous. Emulsions will settle into layers when they are left standing undisturbed. Emulsions will show the tyndall effect.
5 True/False Questions
Ecology → A positively charged particle located in the nucleus of an atom
How to protect LA wetlands → used to describe substances in which you can see more than one color or type of matter. Heterogeneous substances have more than one phase and a nonuniform composition.
Radioactive decay → the process of an unstable nucleus breaking down by releasing alpha, beta or gamma radiation; as the unstable nucleus decays it becomes more stable.
decomposition → two substances that are equally mixed together, you can have maybe two or more; are mixtures made by mixing a solute and a solvent. The substance that dissolves. The substance that does the dissolving. Are homogeneous and do not show the tyndall effect. (Help with solute and solvent)
Hydrology → The branch of science concerned with the properties of the earth's water, esp. its movement in relation to land