5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dependent Variable
- Beta Decay
- What is the importance of marsh plant roots
- a the outcome factor; the variable that may change in response to manipulations of the independent variable-> resultant of the independent variable
- b an electron is emitted from the atom. It forms when a neutron splits into a proton and electron.
- c The roots keep the soil stable. When they are destroyed, the plant dies and the soil erodes away more easily.
- d the moral principle determining just conduct
- e 2 or more reactants combine to form one product
5 Multiple choice questions
- a substance microscopically dispersed evenly throughout another substance
- splitting a nucleus into 2 smaller ones- a lot of energy is released
- used to describe substances that look the same throughout. Homogeneous substances have one phase and uniform composition
- Ionic bonds will form between a metal (a positive ion) and a nonmetal (a negative ion.) Electrons are transferred—one gives up and one gains an electron.
Covalent bonds will form between two non-metals (negative oxidation numbers.) Electrons are shared—neither atom will give up its electrons.
- to give thoughtful consideration to our actions; consider how our actions may affect the world we all share
5 True/False questions
Estuary → nutria create a problem in the marsh because they eat the marsh grasses and dig up the roots
Oxidation number → # of electrons gained (-) or lost (+) in bonding
Three mile island → avoiding the causation of harm; the harm should not be disproportionate to the benefit of the treatment
Salinity → A compound made up of the positive ion from the base and the negative ion from the acid
Solute → Substance that is dissolved in a solution