5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- How to protect LA wetlands
- effect of radiation
- Dependent Variable
- a A scientific procedure undertaken to make a discovery, test a hypothesis, or demonstrate a known fact
- b the outcome factor; the variable that may change in response to manipulations of the independent variable-> resultant of the independent variable
- c the joining or 2 nuclei into one larger nuclei- lots of energy is released (occurs on the sun)
- d Recycle, don't litter, control chemical use, etc
- e • You can develop radiation poisoning and the more amounts of radiation you absorbed, the more sick you will get. It can become fatal if too much is absorbed
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- mixture in which small particles of a substance are dispersed throughout a gas or liquid-are heterogeneous mixtures of a solid and a liquid in which the solid does not dissolve. Will settle when left standing undisturbed. Will show the tyndall effect
- A bacterium, virus, or other microorganism that can cause disease
- salt content
- used to describe substances in which you can see more than one color or type of matter. Heterogeneous substances have more than one phase and a nonuniform composition.
- non-native species (they do not naturally live in the area) they were brought to Louisiana to be grown for fur. Some of them escaped and have overpopulated some areas. Because they are non-native, they have no natural enemies to control their numbers. They create a problem in the marsh because they eat the marsh grasses and dig up the roots. The roots keep the soil stable. When they are destroyed, the plant dies and the soil erodes away more easily.
5 True/False Questions
Beta Decay → nutria create a problem in the marsh because they eat the marsh grasses and dig up the roots
Valence election → An electron in the outermost shell of an atom
homogeneous → used to describe substances that look the same throughout. Homogeneous substances have one phase and uniform composition
Compound → a pure substance composed of two or more elements chemically combined.
Electron → A negatively charged particle that moves around the nucleus