Physical Science Final
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Oxidation number
- Effect of levees on wetland system
- a The branch of biology that deals with the relations of organisms to one another and to their physical surroundings- The study of the interaction of people with their environment
- b the end or resolution of the experiment
- c Normally, the rivers overflow their banks on a regular basis and leave sediment which rebuilds the land. With levees, this does not happen. The land settles and is not rebuilt.
- d coastal regions where salt water mixes with fresh water from rivers, rainfall, and runoff; includes intermediate, brackish and salt marshes, Some organisms need varying salinities at different times in their life cycles
- e # of electrons gained (-) or lost (+) in bonding
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- is seen when a mixture makes a beam of light visible.
- instructions you use to complete an experiment
- a U.S. nuclear physicist
- A bacterium, virus, or other microorganism that can cause disease
- • One of the ethical issues was altering their lives to create a bomb that would kill so many people. They were never able to tell anyone anything and all they were doing to creating a top bomb to destroy so many people. Another is they were always exposed to radioactivity which even killed some people at times.
5 True/False Questions
decomposition → are a special type of suspension. This mixture consists of two liquids that do not mix. Since the liquids do not mix, emulsions are heterogeneous. Emulsions will settle into layers when they are left standing undisturbed. Emulsions will show the tyndall effect.
Three mile island → a island in the Susquehanna River, near Middletown, Pennsylvania; scene of a newar-disastrous accident at a nuclear plant in 1979 that raised the issue of nuclear-energy safety.
Isotope → atoms that have the dame number of protons, but different numbers of neutrons
Radioactivity → the release of Radiation
Colloid → A liquid that dissolves some kind of solid