5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Lyndon Johnson
- Black Panthers
- 15th amendment
- a a system in which government agencies make cash payments to the poor.
- b refuse to use
- c it said that the US Government and state governments could not stop a person from voting because of their race, color or previious condition of servitide and allowed the government to enforce it.
- d a militant group fighting for equality
- e He wanted to create economic and social reforms. to do this he created the Great society which included programs like medicare, the Econimic Opportunity Act, Head Start, and Medicade.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- poor run-down neighborhoods.
- he fought for seperation of whites and blacks aggressively
- It banned discrimination in public facilities and outlawed discrimination in employment. It also provided for faster school desegregation and further protect voting rights.
- a test to see if a person can read and write that kept African Americans and poor whites from voting because they could not pass them
- was formed to help citizens 65 years or older to pay their medical bills
5 True/False Questions
Poll Taxes → a system in which government agencies make cash payments to the poor.
Affermative Action → businesses and schools were encouraged to give preference to members of groups that had been disciminating against in the past
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. → He was a Civil Rights Activist who used nonviolent protests to end segregstion
March on Washington → an African American baseball player who faced discimination by some his teamates and fans, who paved the way for other African American athetes to compete in professional sports
13th amendment → outlawed slavery and allowed congress to inforce it