5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- B Lymphocytes
- proactive interference
- flashbulb memory
- a the retention of encoded information over time
- b Form the bone marrow and release antibodies that fight bacterial infections/
- c a clear memory of an emotionally significant moment or event
- d the disruptive effect of prior learning on the recall of new information
- e a neural center located in the limbic system that helps process explicit memories for storage
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The study of paranormal phenomena, including ESP and psychokinesis.
- The study of relationships between the physical characteristics of stimuli, such as their intensity, and our phsychological experience of them.
- The central focal point in the retina, around which the eye's cones cluster.
- A coiled, bony, fluid-filled tube in the inner ear through which sound waves trigger nerve impusles.
- The sense of body movement and position, including the sense of balance
5 True/False Questions
oversimplification → a measure of memory in which the person need only identify items previously learned, as on a multiple-choice test.
parathyroid → next to thyroid; secretes parathormone; controls level of calcium
posterior pituitary → This part of the pituitary does not produce hormones, but stores and releases oxytocin and ADH.
norepinephrine → stimulates the sympathetic nervous system
sensory cortex → A an area in the temporal lobe of the brain that is reponsible for hearing.