5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Qin Shihuangdi
- Broad spectrum diet
- Megafaunal Extinction
- a The Migration of Muhammad from Mecca to Medina in A.D. 622, marking the founding of Islam
- b A religion with a belief in one god. It originated with Abraham and the Hebrew people. Yahweh was responsible for the world and everything within it. They preserved their early history in the Old Testament.
- c Making use of a large number of plants and hunting and eating both small and large animals
- d Dying out of a number of large animal species, including the mammoth and several species of horses and camels, that occurred around 11,000-10,000 years ago, at the end of the Ice Age. The extinction may have been caused by excessive hunting or by the changing climate of the era.
- e Ruler of China who united China for the first time. He built road and canals and began the Great Wall of China. He also imposed a standard system of laws, money, weights, and writing.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Previously known as Byzantium, Constantine changed the name of the city and moved the capital of the Roman Empire here from Rome.
- Refers to how the Nile River helped the Egyptians. It gave them protection, transportation, and food.
- King of the Franks (r. 768-814); emperor (r. 800-814). Through a series of military conquests he established the Carolingian Empire, which encompassed all of Gaul and parts of Germany and Italy. Illiterate, though started an intellectual revival.
- A black stone building in Mecca that is shaped like a cube and that is the most sacred Muslim pilgrim shrine. If one was to drive a skewer threw it, it would be called a "Shish Kaaba" :D.
- A form of culture characterized by cities, specialized workers, complex institutions, record keeping, and advanced technology
5 True/False questions
Fertile Crescent → Where the Tigris and Euphrates rivers meet in Mesopotamia
Buddhism under the Tang → Mahayana Buddhism used politically in the Tang. Adaptable to many different societies and all classes. Spread through Central and East Asia.
Sinicization → The adoption and absorption by foreign people of Chinese language, customs and culture.
Kievan Rus → A monarchy established in present day Russia in the 6th and 7th centuries. It was ruled through loosely organized alliances with regional aristocrats from. The Scandinavians coined the term "Russia". It was greatly influenced by Byzantine
Srivijaya → The Migration of Muhammad from Mecca to Medina in A.D. 622, marking the founding of Islam