5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Megafaunal Extinction
- Greek and Roman slavery
- a Dying out of a number of large animal species, including the mammoth and several species of horses and camels, that occurred around 11,000-10,000 years ago, at the end of the Ice Age. The extinction may have been caused by excessive hunting or by the changing climate of the era.
- b Process by which ancient people of Mesoamerica learned to breed plants and animals
- c In the Greek and Roman world, slaves were captives from war and piracy (and their descendants), abandoned children, and the victims of long-distance trade; manumission was common. Among the Greeks, household service was the most common form of slavery, but in parts of the Roman state, thousands of slaves were employed under brutal conditions in the mines and on great plantations.
- d A series of military expeditions in the 11th, 12th, and 13th centuries by Westrn European Christians to reclain control of the Holy Lands from the Muslims
- e The system of ethics, education, and statesmanship taught by Confucius and his disciples, stressing love for humanity, ancestor worship, reverence for parents, and harmony in thought and conduct.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Several African kingdoms such as ________ _____ _________ grew wealthy and powerful by participating in trading networks
- A political system in which nobles are granted the use of lands that legally belong to their king, in exchange for their loyalty, military service, and protection of the people who live on the land
- A theory of government that holds that open, multiple, and competing groups can check the asserted power by any one group.
- An Italian trading city on the Ariatic Sea, agreed to help the Byzantines' effort to regain the lands in return for trading privileges in Constantinople.
- The Migration of Muhammad from Mecca to Medina in A.D. 622, marking the founding of Islam
5 True/False Questions
Ulama vs imims → ...
Equal-field system → Agricultural reform favoring the peasants under the Tang dynasty in China, inheritance system where 1/5 of the land when to the peasant's descendants and the rest went to the government.
Examination system → Tests on Confucian philosophy used by Sui & Tang rulers to recruit government officials; won their posts out of intellect, not socio-economic rank.
Civilization vs. barbarism → A form of culture characterized by cities, specialized workers, complex institutions, record keeping, and advanced technology
Socrates → People who have been living in southern africa for the longest amount of time who were forced into the Kalahari Dessert