5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Jeb Stuart
- Election of 1864
- First Bull Run
- battle of Appomattox Courthouse, VA
- a this conflict was actually a 10 month siege which reduced Lee's army
- b the "eyes and ears of the Confederate army"
- c the "picnic battle" - civilians came and brought picnics to watch the battle. After this battle, both sides realized it was going to be a long war
- d last major battle of the war. Intense hand to hand combat. Lee surrendered to Grant there.
- e Lincoln vs. George McClellan. Lincoln won easily because Sherman had captured Atlanta
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Pres and VP of Confederacy
- famous spy for the Confederacy
- Appomattox Courthouse, VA on April 9, 1865
- 48 day siege in which the citizens of Vicksburg ate rats, etc and lived in caves. Grant starved the people out and they surrendered on July 4, 1863. Would not celebrate July 4 for 81 years. After Vicksburg's capture, the South was cut in two and the MS river was Union highway
5 True/False Questions
south's main goal → win recognition as independent nation
Dorothea Dix → woman who cleaned up the nursing profession and made it respectable
Pickett's charge → 15,000 Confederates attacked the union line at the Battle of Gettysburg and were destroyed. Led by George Pickett. Crater Incident happened here.
Robert E. Lee → woman who cleaned up the nursing profession and made it respectable
Benjamin Butler → Union commander at New Orleans.Known for the chamber pot incident.