← exam-civil war Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Battle of Fredericksburg
- Belle Boyd
- Benjamin Butler
- Gettysburg Address
- a Union commander at New Orleans.Known for the chamber pot incident.
- b one of the most brutal prison camps in Civil War. Union prisoner of war camp near Andersonville, GA
- c famous spy for the Confederacy
- d This inspiring address at the battlefield in Gettysburg helped war weary Americans focus on their shared ideals. Lincoln's masterpiece
- e Confederate victory. Marye's Heights. Northern lights appeared in the sky
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- ships that were covered with iron. Bullets, cannons, etc would bounce off of them. Chnaged forever the way ships were made.
- Washington, DC
- place where Abraham Lincoln was assassinated while watching "Our American Cousin"
- Fort in Georgia for which the 54th Massachusetts proved that black soldiers could fight as well as or better than white soldiers
- naval commander who captured New Orleans
5 True/False Questions
total war → a southerner who has northern sympathies
Dorothea Dix → much admired commander of the southern forces. Taught people how to lose as well as win with grace.
William Tecumseh Sherman → final commander of Union army. He would not retreat
First Bull Run → the first battle of the civil war. Fought in a fort in Charleston Harbor. South won. Only casualty was a horse.
Where Lee surrendered to Grant → final commander of Union army. He would not retreat