5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Ford's theater
- Pickett's charge
- Years of the civil war
- John Wilkes Booth
- results of civil war
- a federal gov was now and forever more important than the states and had more power; no more slavery; sped up the development of industry
- b 15,000 Confederates attacked the union line at the Battle of Gettysburg and were destroyed. Led by George Pickett. Crater Incident happened here.
- c 1861-1865
- d place where Abraham Lincoln was assassinated while watching "Our American Cousin"
- e LIncoln's assassin. famous actor
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Fort in Georgia for which the 54th Massachusetts proved that black soldiers could fight as well as or better than white soldiers
- Lee's finest hour. He won the battle with far less soldiers
- bloodiest day of the war-after this battle, Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation
- known for the catastrophe at Marye's Heights. 9,000 union soldiers were killed in a disasterous charge up Marye's Heights at the Battle of Fredericksburg. Also known for his facial hair. His men would not cheer him after Fredericksburg. Also known as Crater Incident at Petersburg
5 True/False Questions
south's main goal → preserve the Union
Monitor vs Merrimac → ships that were covered with iron. Bullets, cannons, etc would bounce off of them. Chnaged forever the way ships were made.
Jefferson Davis and Alexander Stephens → Pres and VP of Confederacy
Petersburg → this conflict was actually a 10 month siege which reduced Lee's army
April 14, 1865 → day Lincoln surrendered to Grant at Appomattox Courthouse, VA