← exam-civil war Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Ft. Sumter
- Winfield Scott
- capital of the union during the civil war
- First Bull Run
- a Washington, DC
- b the first battle of the civil war. Fought in a fort in Charleston Harbor. South won. Only casualty was a horse.
- c the "picnic battle" - civilians came and brought picnics to watch the battle. After this battle, both sides realized it was going to be a long war
- d came up with the idea of controlling the MS river and blockading the south to achieve victory for the north
- e a southerner who has northern sympathies
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- day Lincoln surrendered to Grant at Appomattox Courthouse, VA
- place where Abraham Lincoln was assassinated while watching "Our American Cousin"
- horrific battle in which 200 men were burned alive
- Pres and VP of Confederacy
- one of the most brutal prison camps in Civil War. Union prisoner of war camp near Andersonville, GA
5 True/False Questions
Pickett's charge → 15,000 Confederates attacked the union line at the Battle of Gettysburg and were destroyed. Led by George Pickett. Crater Incident happened here.
Group of commanders who fought for the Union → George McClellan, Ulysses S. Grant, William T. Sherman
battle of Appomattox Courthouse, VA → last major battle of the war. Intense hand to hand combat. Lee surrendered to Grant there.
Richmond, VA → the north's plan to win the war-get control of the MS river and cut the south in two, capture Richmond, blockage the southern coast
Where Lee surrendered to Grant → final commander of Union army. He would not retreat