5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Albert Sidney Johnston
- First Bull Run
- George McClellan
- battle of Appomattox Courthouse, VA
- Years of the civil war
- a last major battle of the war. Intense hand to hand combat. Lee surrendered to Grant there.
- b Lincoln's first choice for commander of the Union forces, but he would not attack
- c the "picnic battle" - civilians came and brought picnics to watch the battle. After this battle, both sides realized it was going to be a long war
- d commander of the Confederate army at Shiloh. Bled to death under a tree at this battle.
- e 1861-1865
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a southerner who has northern sympathies
- Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, PGT Beauregard
- Angel of the battlefield, she started American Red Cross
- This inspiring address at the battlefield in Gettysburg helped war weary Americans focus on their shared ideals. Lincoln's masterpiece
- Lee's right hand man. Was killed by his own men at the Battle of Chancellorsville
5 True/False Questions
Benjamin Butler → Union commander at New Orleans.Known for the chamber pot incident.
Richmond, VA → the north's plan to win the war-get control of the MS river and cut the south in two, capture Richmond, blockage the southern coast
North's main goal → win recognition as independent nation
John Wilkes Booth → famous spy for the Confederacy
south's main goal → win recognition as independent nation