5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Battle of Fredericksburg
- Albert Sidney Johnston
- First Bull Run
- Gettysburg Address
- a one of the most brutal prison camps in Civil War. Union prisoner of war camp near Andersonville, GA
- b the "picnic battle" - civilians came and brought picnics to watch the battle. After this battle, both sides realized it was going to be a long war
- c commander of the Confederate army at Shiloh. Bled to death under a tree at this battle.
- d This inspiring address at the battlefield in Gettysburg helped war weary Americans focus on their shared ideals. Lincoln's masterpiece
- e Confederate victory. Marye's Heights. Northern lights appeared in the sky
5 Multiple choice questions
- Lee's right hand man. Was killed by his own men at the Battle of Chancellorsville
- the north's plan to win the war-get control of the MS river and cut the south in two, capture Richmond, blockage the southern coast
- Union commander at New Orleans.Known for the chamber pot incident.
- 15,000 Confederates attacked the union line at the Battle of Gettysburg and were destroyed. Led by George Pickett. Crater Incident happened here.
5 True/False questions
battle states → Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Delaware
John Wilkes Booth → LIncoln's assassin. famous actor
scalawag → Sherman did this when he marched to the sea-destroyed everything in his path
Emancipation Proclamation → Lincoln vs. George McClellan. Lincoln won easily because Sherman had captured Atlanta
April 9, 1865 → date of Lincoln's assasination