5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Gwendolyn Brooks
- a "The Bean Eaters"
- b the repetition of initial consonant sounds
- c a words dictionary meaning without any emotional associations
- d a poem to honor or praise someone or something
- e a poem that tells a story and is written in four-to-six line stanzas, usually meant to be sung, rhyming
5 Multiple choice questions
- the repetition of vowel sounds
- a work in which characters, events, and settings symbolize, or represent something else
- "Introduction to Poetry"
- "I Know I am but Summer to your heart"
- "Eating Alone"
5 True/False questions
simile → a comparison of two seemingly unlike things using the word like or as
connotation → the set of ideas or emotional associations it suggests in addition to its actual meaning
stanza → emotional attitude toward the reader or toward the subject implied by a literary work
symbol → a comparison of two seemingly unlike things using the word like or as
figurative language → writing or speech meant to be understood imaginatively instead of literally