5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Li-Young Lee
- lyric poem
- Gwendolyn Brooks
- Edna St. Vincent Millay
- a a highly musical type of poetry that expresses the emotions of a speaker
- b "I Know I am but Summer to your heart"
- c "Eating Alone"
- d a writer's intentional reuse of a sound, word, phrase, or sentence. used to emphasize ideas or to create a musical effect
- e "The Bean Eaters"
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the set of ideas or emotional associations it suggests in addition to its actual meaning
- has a formal tone that laments the death of someone
- a regular rhythmic pattern in poetry. determined by the number of beats or stresses in each line
- a group of lines
5 True/False Questions
symbol → a comparison of two seemingly unlike things using the word like or as
Marilyn Chin → "The Floral Apron"
verbal irony → a writer says something but means another
voice → the way a writer uses language to reflect his or her unique personality and attitude toward topic, form, and audience
ode → emotional attitude toward the reader or toward the subject implied by a literary work