5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Marilyn Chin
- Robert Frost
- narrative poem
- a "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening"
- b a regular rhythmic pattern in poetry. determined by the number of beats or stresses in each line
- c a comparison of two seemingly unlike things using the word like or as
- d "The Floral Apron"
- e a poem that tells a story
5 Multiple choice questions
- unrhymed poetry with a rhythmic pattern known as iambic pentameter
- the set of ideas or emotional associations it suggests in addition to its actual meaning
- "The Bean Eaters"
- the repetition of sounds in words
- a highly musical type of poetry that expresses the emotions of a speaker
5 True/False questions
stanza → a group of lines
Nikki Giovanni → the author's choice of words
John Updike → the set of ideas or emotional associations it suggests in addition to its actual meaning
Langston Hughes → the repetition of vowel sounds
context → a fourteen line poem, usually in iambic pentameter, that follows one of a number of different rhyme schemes