1. Kayla made a Christmas decoration from one of the tumbleweeds she had collected. She first sprayed it silver. Then she put little blue and silver ornaments on it. It was beautiful sitting on the table. Kayla started working on the tumbleweed at 2:45 p.m. and finished it at 4:15 p.m. How long did she work on the tumbleweed?
2. There were 24 tumbleweeds in the pasture. Ethan's father asked him to move them out of the pasture because they scared the cattle. Ethan moved a third of them before lunch. After lunch, he threw the rest of them in a pile and burned them. How many tumbleweeds did Ethan burn?
3. The Frozen Food Month sale began at 10:00 a.m. and lasted until 8:40 p.m. What was the elapsed time?
4. William dyed 2 dozen eggs. He put stickers on 17 of them. How many eggs did not have stickers?
5. A tumbleweed doesn't travel by itself. When the wind blows, the tumbleweeds move around. If a tumbleweed is traveling at 5.4 miles per hour, how far will it travel in 5 hours?
6. There were 47 peas, 25 pieces of corn, and 10 pieces of broccoli on Stephanie's plate. She ate 19 peas, 13 pieces of corn, and 8 pieces of broccoli. How many peas were left on her plate?
7. Anthony couldn't believe his eyes! There were tumbleweeds everywhere! He and his family had moved to South Dakota last week. It had been very windy last night. Now there were eighteen tumbleweeds against the back fence, twenty-three tumbleweeds in the front yard, and eight tumbleweeds against the barn. How many tumbleweeds were there in all?
8. Tyler found out that you could cut your fingers on a tumbleweed if you aren't careful. He picked up a tumbleweed and stuck a little hole in one of his fingers. His mother put a little round bandage on it. It was the last bandage, so they went to the store to buy some more. A box of bandages cost $4.69. If Tyler gave the clerk $20 and bought three boxes of bandages, how much change would he get?
9. Destiny needs at least 50 minutes to get ready for the Easter parade. The parade begins at 3:15 p.m. What is the latest she can start getting ready?
10. Kayla planted 30 rose bushes. Twenty-two of them will have pink roses. The rest will have red roses. How many bushes will have red roses?