5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Greece Creation Part 2
- a -Zeus summoned Prometheus and Epimetheus and instructed to go to Earth and create men and animals.
- b "Love"
- c Son of Cronos and Rhea, Husband of Hera. Supreme God. Ultimate Progenitor. Lighting, thunder, justice.
- d Zeus & Siblings vs. Kronos and Titans
Zeus' Side: Themis, Prometheus, Cyclopes, Hecatonchires.
Kronos Side: All the other Titans (Atlas)
- e the last son of Gaia, fathered by Tartarus, and the most deadly monster of Greek mythology. He was known as the "Father of all monsters"
5 Multiple choice questions
- Roman Poet.
- Gaia+Ouranos --> 12 Titans, 3 Cyclopes, 3 Hundred Handers. Ouranos keeps the children within Gaia. Gaia trick, gives sickle to Cronos. Gaia and Cronos castrate Uranus.
- "Salt Sea"
- -Uranus and Gaia had children, had grand kids
-Krono's swallowed his children to protect himself.
-Rhea hid child and gave him a rock
-Zeus grew up and tricked Krono's into giving up other children.
-After war, Zeus as their leader, they began to furnish Gaia with life and Uranus with stars.
5 True/False questions
Succession Myth → Golden Age-Perpetual Spring
-Silver Age- Seasons, farming
-Bronze Age- warfare, but not impious
-Iron Age-Greed, Sailing, mining, war, violatiion of proper roles (guest-host)
Gaia → Roman Poet.
Hesoid → 8th Century BC. Historical Figure, Farmer, Boeotia.
2 main works: Theogony, Works and Days
Didactic Literature → Inclined to teach or lecture others
Tartarus → "The Underworld"