5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Greece Creation Part 2
- a -Zeus summoned Prometheus and Epimetheus and instructed to go to Earth and create men and animals.
- b Zeus & Siblings vs. Kronos and Titans
Zeus' Side: Themis, Prometheus, Cyclopes, Hecatonchires.
Kronos Side: All the other Titans (Atlas)
- c "The Underworld"
- d A traditional, sacred narrative explaining how the world and man come to be in their present forms
- e "the birth of the gods") is a poem by Hesiod. Describing the origins and genealogies of Greek polytheism, composed circa 700 BC.
5 Multiple choice questions
- is the discipline that deals with the nature of the Universe as a whole. Seek to understand the origin, evolution, structure, and ultimate fate of the Universe at large.
- Kronos would eat children. Rhea gives Krono's a rock and spares Zues
- was a Classical Greek philosopher, mathematician, student of Socrates, writer of philosophical dialogues, and offers a Cosmogony and Cosmology of universe and mankind.
- "Salt Sea"
- 8th Century BC. Historical Figure, Farmer, Boeotia.
2 main works: Theogony, Works and Days
5 True/False questions
Gaia → "Earth"
Eros → "Heaven"
Typhon → the last son of Gaia, fathered by Tartarus, and the most deadly monster of Greek mythology. He was known as the "Father of all monsters"
Ovid → "Earth"
Ages of Man → Golden Age-Perpetual Spring
-Silver Age- Seasons, farming
-Bronze Age- warfare, but not impious
-Iron Age-Greed, Sailing, mining, war, violatiion of proper roles (guest-host)