5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Didactic Literature
- Greece Creation- Part 1
- a -Uranus and Gaia had children, had grand kids
-Krono's swallowed his children to protect himself.
-Rhea hid child and gave him a rock
-Zeus grew up and tricked Krono's into giving up other children.
-After war, Zeus as their leader, they began to furnish Gaia with life and Uranus with stars.
- b A traditional, sacred narrative explaining how the world and man come to be in their present forms
- c was a Classical Greek philosopher, mathematician, student of Socrates, writer of philosophical dialogues, and offers a Cosmogony and Cosmology of universe and mankind.
- d Inclined to teach or lecture others
- e "the birth of the gods") is a poem by Hesiod. Describing the origins and genealogies of Greek polytheism, composed circa 700 BC.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- "The Underworld"
- 8th Century BC. Historical Figure, Farmer, Boeotia.
2 main works: Theogony, Works and Days
- Roman Poet.
- is any scientific theory concerning the coming into existence, or origin, of the cosmos or universe, or about how what sentient beings perceive as "reality" came to be.
- Son of Cronos and Rhea, Husband of Hera. Supreme God. Ultimate Progenitor. Lighting, thunder, justice.
5 True/False Questions
Uranos → "Love"
Ages of Man → Golden Age-Perpetual Spring
-Silver Age- Seasons, farming
-Bronze Age- warfare, but not impious
-Iron Age-Greed, Sailing, mining, war, violatiion of proper roles (guest-host)
Etiological Myths → the study of causation, or origination
Eros → "Love"
Greek Creation Phases → Gaia+Ouranos --> 12 Titans, 3 Cyclopes, 3 Hundred Handers. Ouranos keeps the children within Gaia. Gaia trick, gives sickle to Cronos. Gaia and Cronos castrate Uranus.