← Archaeo Midterm Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Stele of Naram Sin
- What would be the most expensive material used in building a Mesopotamian house?
- What kind of temple decoration first appeared in the earliest level at Eridu?
- What does the term 'ensi' mean?
- a Kings attributes ( hat, stick, stool = crown, sceptor, throne)
- b Akkad period. Around 2230 BC, Naram sin was deified and has horns on his helmet (2),
- c wooden beams
- d local city ruler
- e niched decoration
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- year round settlement
- 3 ft. limestone/alabaster social hierarchy (animals => workers => priests/king/gods
- Stage 2, bulla with tokens and impressed numbers
- 13K cuneiform tablets found with Assyrian merchant in house
- early dynastic
5 True/False Questions
In the Sacred Marriage, the king / high priest of Inanna played the part of what god? → ziggurat
What is dry farming? → service in the king's army in return for land
anzu → lion-headed bird
What kind of Mesopotamian priest may have been transvestite? → word lists
On the Stele of the Vultures, (Fig. 13.2), what kind of weapon is not carried by the soldiers? → Cuneiform sign for god precedes his name; he wears horns on his headdress, he has his own divine cult