5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a Earth appears to be the only planet in our solar system that can support ________.
- b The __________ is the layer beneath the crust. It is made of solid rock.
- c ______________ is the orbit a planet makes around the sun.
- d One revolution of the Earth around the sun determines the length of a year, approximately ______ days.
- e Earthquakes and volcanoes are evidence that the Earth is constantly ___________ from within.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- _____________ rock is formed by the weathering down of igneous rock.
- __________ is molten or liquid rock. The rock cycle begins with magma beneath the surface of the earth.
- The __________ is the outer layer of the Earth. It is made of igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic rocks.
- __________ is an example of metamorphic rock.
- The Earth rotates on its _______.
5 True/False Questions
inner core → The center of the earth is called the _______________.
24 → The Earth rotates once every _______ hours, the length of a day and night.
weathering → When the North Pole is tilted toward the sun, the Southern Hemisphere experiences _________.
plate tectonics → The Earth's crust is made of plates of rock that "float" on the molten layers. ________________ is the theory that the crustal plates move very slowly on the mantle.
sandstone → __________ is an example of sedimentary rock.