5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- outer core
- a If sedimentary or igneous rock is placed under pressure and heat, it changes into _______________ rock.
- b The ___________________ is the layer beneath the mantle. It is made of melted metal.
- c The Earth's history is divided into eras. Each era is divided into __________.
- d When magma cools it turns into __________ rock.
- e The Earth's periods are separated from one another by what is called ____________ which is either a physical or biological event such as mountain building or the extinction of a species.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- ______________ is the orbit a planet makes around the sun.
- The Earth is believed to be about _________ billion years old.
- The Earth's axis is ________.
- __________ is molten or liquid rock. The rock cycle begins with magma beneath the surface of the earth.
- The __________ is the layer beneath the crust. It is made of solid rock.
5 True/False Questions
fossils → Earthquakes and volcanoes are evidence that the Earth is constantly ___________ from within.
summer → When the South Pole is tilted to the sun, the Southern Hemisphere experiences.
sedimentary → When the North Pole is tilted toward the sun, the Southern Hemisphere experiences _________.
shifting → Earthquakes and volcanoes are evidence that the Earth is constantly ___________ from within.
inner core → The center of the earth is called the _______________.