5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- outer core
- a ____________ is the spinning motion of a planet.
- b The Earth is believed to be about _________ billion years old.
- c The ___________________ is the layer beneath the mantle. It is made of melted metal.
- d ____________ is the process by which rock is broken down into sediment by chemical and mechanical reactions, wind and water.
- e Earthquakes are caused by the __________ of the crustal plates.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The Earth's axis is ________.
- As you go toward the center of the Earth, the ________ the temperature becomes.
- __________ is molten or liquid rock. The rock cycle begins with magma beneath the surface of the earth.
- When the North Pole is tilted toward the sun, the Southern Hemisphere experiences _________.
- If sedimentary or igneous rock is placed under pressure and heat, it changes into _______________ rock.
5 True/False Questions
crust → The __________ is the outer layer of the Earth. It is made of igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic rocks.
lava → __________ is an example of metamorphic rock.
mantle → The __________ is the layer beneath the crust. It is made of solid rock.
four → The Earth rotates once every _______ hours, the length of a day and night.
unconformity → The Earth's periods are separated from one another by what is called ____________ which is either a physical or biological event such as mountain building or the extinction of a species.