5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- continental drift
- inner core
- a When the South Pole is tilted to the sun, the Southern Hemisphere experiences.
- b The process of moving or floating continents is called ________________.
- c The center of the earth is called the _______________.
- d The Earth's history is divided into eras. Each era is divided into __________.
- e _____________ rock is formed by the weathering down of igneous rock.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The Earth's crust is made of plates of rock that "float" on the molten layers. ________________ is the theory that the crustal plates move very slowly on the mantle.
- As you go toward the center of the Earth, the ________ the temperature becomes.
- The Earth has _______ layers.
- When the North Pole is tilted toward the sun, the Southern Hemisphere experiences _________.
- __________ is an example of metamorphic rock.
5 True/False Questions
crust → The Earth has _______ layers.
granite → __________ is an example of igneous rock.
moving → Volcanoes are mountains formed by the accumulation of material forced from the Earth's interior onto its surface. Flowing magma on the surface of a planet is called ______.
igneous → The Earth's history is divided into eras. Each era is divided into __________.
rotation → ____________ is the spinning motion of a planet.