5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The Earth rotates once every _______ hours, the length of a day and night.
- b When the South Pole is tilted to the sun, the Southern Hemisphere experiences.
- c __________ is an example of igneous rock.
- d ____________ is the spinning motion of a planet.
- e If sedimentary or igneous rock is placed under pressure and heat, it changes into _______________ rock.
5 Multiple choice questions
- When magma cools it turns into __________ rock.
- The __________ is the layer beneath the crust. It is made of solid rock.
- _____________ rock is formed by the weathering down of igneous rock.
- Earthquakes are caused by the __________ of the crustal plates.
- The remains of ancient plants and animals are called ________________.
5 True/False questions
four → The Earth has _______ layers.
continental drift → The process of moving or floating continents is called ________________.
moving → Earthquakes and volcanoes are evidence that the Earth is constantly ___________ from within.
plate tectonics → The Earth's crust is made of plates of rock that "float" on the molten layers. ________________ is the theory that the crustal plates move very slowly on the mantle.
revolution → ____________ is the spinning motion of a planet.