5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a Earthquakes and volcanoes are evidence that the Earth is constantly ___________ from within.
- b The Earth is believed to be about _________ billion years old.
- c The Earth has _______ layers.
- d When the North Pole is tilted toward the sun, the Southern Hemisphere experiences _________.
- e The remains of ancient plants and animals are called ________________.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The __________ is the outer layer of the Earth. It is made of igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic rocks.
- Volcanoes are mountains formed by the accumulation of material forced from the Earth's interior onto its surface. Flowing magma on the surface of a planet is called ______.
- The __________ is the layer beneath the crust. It is made of solid rock.
- The Earth's axis is ________.
- The Earth's periods are separated from one another by what is called ____________ which is either a physical or biological event such as mountain building or the extinction of a species.
5 True/False Questions
summer → When the North Pole is tilted toward the sun, the Southern Hemisphere experiences _________.
shifting → Earthquakes and volcanoes are evidence that the Earth is constantly ___________ from within.
outer core → The ___________________ is the layer beneath the mantle. It is made of melted metal.
plate tectonics → __________ is an example of sedimentary rock.
Magma → __________ is molten or liquid rock. The rock cycle begins with magma beneath the surface of the earth.