5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a ____________ is the spinning motion of a planet.
- b The Earth has _______ layers.
- c As you go toward the center of the Earth, the ________ the temperature becomes.
- d The Earth's periods are separated from one another by what is called ____________ which is either a physical or biological event such as mountain building or the extinction of a species.
- e The __________ is the layer beneath the crust. It is made of solid rock.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Earth's axis is ________.
- Earthquakes are caused by the __________ of the crustal plates.
- __________ is molten or liquid rock. The rock cycle begins with magma beneath the surface of the earth.
- ____________ is the process by which rock is broken down into sediment by chemical and mechanical reactions, wind and water.
- The ___________________ is the layer beneath the mantle. It is made of melted metal.
5 True/False questions
igneous → The Earth has _______ layers.
crust → The __________ is the outer layer of the Earth. It is made of igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic rocks.
4.6 → The Earth rotates once every _______ hours, the length of a day and night.
365 → One revolution of the Earth around the sun determines the length of a year, approximately ______ days.
periods → The Earth's history is divided into eras. Each era is divided into __________.