5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- inner core
- a ____________ is the process by which rock is broken down into sediment by chemical and mechanical reactions, wind and water.
- b Earthquakes are caused by the __________ of the crustal plates.
- c __________ is an example of igneous rock.
- d The Earth has _______ layers.
- e The center of the earth is called the _______________.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Volcanoes are mountains formed by the accumulation of material forced from the Earth's interior onto its surface. Flowing magma on the surface of a planet is called ______.
- The __________ is the layer beneath the crust. It is made of solid rock.
- Earth appears to be the only planet in our solar system that can support ________.
- The Earth's crust is made of plates of rock that "float" on the molten layers. ________________ is the theory that the crustal plates move very slowly on the mantle.
- __________ is an example of sedimentary rock.
5 True/False questions
moving → As you go toward the center of the Earth, the ________ the temperature becomes.
365 → The Earth is believed to be about _________ billion years old.
revolution → ____________ is the spinning motion of a planet.
Slate → __________ is an example of metamorphic rock.
periods → The Earth's history is divided into eras. Each era is divided into __________.