5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a When magma cools it turns into __________ rock.
- b __________ is an example of igneous rock.
- c _____________ rock is formed by the weathering down of igneous rock.
- d The Earth has _______ layers.
- e __________ is an example of sedimentary rock.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The remains of ancient plants and animals are called ________________.
- The center of the earth is called the _______________.
- The process of moving or floating continents is called ________________.
- The Earth is believed to be about _________ billion years old.
- Earth appears to be the only planet in our solar system that can support ________.
5 True/False Questions
summer → __________ is an example of metamorphic rock.
rotation → ______________ is the orbit a planet makes around the sun.
Magma → __________ is molten or liquid rock. The rock cycle begins with magma beneath the surface of the earth.
lava → Earth appears to be the only planet in our solar system that can support ________.
outer core → The ___________________ is the layer beneath the mantle. It is made of melted metal.