5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a The __________ is the outer layer of the Earth. It is made of igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic rocks.
- b The Earth rotates once every _______ hours, the length of a day and night.
- c __________ is an example of sedimentary rock.
- d The Earth's axis is ________.
- e The remains of ancient plants and animals are called ________________.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- If sedimentary or igneous rock is placed under pressure and heat, it changes into _______________ rock.
- One revolution of the Earth around the sun determines the length of a year, approximately ______ days.
- _____________ rock is formed by the weathering down of igneous rock.
- The ___________________ is the layer beneath the mantle. It is made of melted metal.
- The Earth rotates on its _______.
5 True/False Questions
winter → The Earth's axis is ________.
summer → As you go toward the center of the Earth, the ________ the temperature becomes.
inner core → The ___________________ is the layer beneath the mantle. It is made of melted metal.
granite → The __________ is the layer beneath the crust. It is made of solid rock.
hotter → When the North Pole is tilted toward the sun, the Southern Hemisphere experiences _________.